Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Wedding Food... Is this too weird?

We were looking over the menu options at our venue and my FFIL made a joke about having breakfast for dinner. We all laughed but then started to think about how much we all love breakfast for dinner. Our venue has some pretty awesome options as far as a waffle station and an omelette bar.

It sounds super memorable and delicious... but is that way too weird?

Re: Wedding Food... Is this too weird?

• Options
    I LOVE breakfast!  I say go for it especially if it's meaningful to you guys.  Seriously I'd be happy as a lark if I showed up to a wedding with breakfast for dinner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As much as I adore breakfast for dinner, I think I would probably find it a little odd at a wedding. 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hmm...I would think it's a little strange if I showed up to a wedding reception and that was being served for dinner (and I love breakfast food). Are you totally committed to an evening reception? Why not do a brunch reception instead, where that type of menu would be a more natural fit? You could also save a ton of money by just doing some breakfast cocktails (mimosas and bloody marys) - plus people would probably drink less at brunch than at an evening wedding reception. Just a thought...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I love breakfast for dinner too, but would probably think it was strange for an evening wedding reception.  It absolutely would be memorable, but not in a very good way.
  • Options
    I personally think it be really odd. Although it is your wedding also. If i was a guest i dont think all that stuff will fill everyone up esp. when drinking is involved. Just my thoughts. Like i said its your wedding. If you did this maybe  letting people know before hand.. i.e on invites. 
    :)
  • Options
    Why not do a late night snack of waffles or something breakfast inspired?  People would love that after a few hours of dancing and drinking.  

BTW we did Lucky Charms as our late night snack and they were a huge hit ;)
  • Options
    I like the idea of it being a late-night snack item.  But I wouldn't do it for the meal unless it was a very casual wedding.
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love breakfast food too and we have brinner (breakfast + dinner) at least once a week in our house. But I have to agree it would be a little odd at a wedding. I'd say either move your time up to brunch or offer it as late night snacks, as other ppl have suggested.
  • Options
    I absolutely love breakfast for dinner, and if I was a guest at your wedding I would think it's great! On the other hand I know a few people that hate the idea of breakfast for dinner, so I would stay away from it, or have some dinner items on the buffet too.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! After thinking about the mixture of eggs and beer.... We decided it was a no go.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs that it would be a GREAT late night snack!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think if you did a buffet and had a mixture of stuff and added some   breakfast stuff also wouldnt be to off the wall!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards