October 2013 Weddings
Options

Sweet gift from MOH

My MOH and I just ran the Princess Half-Marathon this past weekend at WDW with a few other friends.  She's an epic Disney fan (such a kid at the park!)  and surprised me with a sweet little gift (she snuck out and ordered it and snuck out and picked it up!)

I wish it was Christmas!  Need to find a place to store it!

Re: Sweet gift from MOH

• Options
    How did you do?

That is cute!

• Options
    We did well, but it was incredibly humid at the start.  We had to stop at mile 3 so one of my friends could ditch her tank top and reattach her bib. 

We typically run a lot slower for Princess since we stop for pictures whenever possible. To us, it's far too expensive of a race not to stop and partake in the character pictures.  We finished in 3.5 hrs, despite that, which isn't too bad.  My best half was my first one ever in 2h20m.  My goal is a sub 2hr at some point in life!
  • Options
    My first half I finished in 2:05, my goal for my spring one is to cut 10 mins off.

• Options
    That is really cute and super sweet.  Congrats on finishing and having a good time
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Options
    Very cute!  We just went to disney too and got three christmas ornaments for our tree.  Love yours!  Very thoughtful :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I knew someone did the half this weekend, but I couldn't remember who!  Such a sweet gift.  That Christmas store in Downtown Disney is my crack.  My two favorite things all rolled into one.

Are you addicted to the runDisney series now?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This was my third Princess.  My MOH is planning to run it again next year, but I'm considering Wine and Dine.  This year's princess was 26,000 runners, way way way too much.  The course kept narrowing (worse than in years past) and people were taking other people out left and right.  If we had run for time, we probably would have been well ahead of most of them (we started in Corral B), but we stopped for oodles of pictures and ended up in a swarm of people and it never let up the rest of the race.

I'd love to do Coast to Coast, but I'm not sure how that'll work out given our vacation schedules.  Tinkerbell is in January, I won't run it next year, but we could do wine and dine next year, so I don't know.  Have to give it some major thought.
  • Options
    The Disneyland Half is IMO the best run race operationally.  I think it comes from getting the City of Anaheim involved as a sponsor.  I was supposed to do a C2C last year, but I blew my knee and needed LCL surgery.  I'm sidelined until at least September now, but I think I'm going to use my credit from the Disneyland Half to do Wine and Dine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards