Registry and Gift Forum

I know to "shop like Christmas or birthday," but... suggestions?

Hello all. 

I'm normally very good / generous gift giver, but I have an enormous bridal party, and it's proving really hard to come up with gifts. I'll likely wind up shopping for each girl individually, but I do like to have an idea before I buy / DIY in some cases. 

I have 2 MOH, 5 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid (age 12) and 2 flower girls (ages 8 and 2). 

He's got 2 best men & 5 groomsmen. 

If anyone can throw ANY idea out there -- what might you say?

As for budget: I have no idea. I don't like to think about it. :) 

Re: I know to "shop like Christmas or birthday," but... suggestions?

• My husband took his best man to a Rolling Stones concert as his gift.

I bought my Maid of Honor a suitcase because we go away together a lot and some great wine glasses she admired at a crafts fair.

The best gift reflects the receipient -- sports tickets, team attire, fishing rod, camping equipment, jewelry, books, purse, sunglasses, beach lounge chair, etc. etc.

What to avoid:  anything to wear or use at the wedding, anything from Things Remembered, etc.

For your younger attendants - ask their parents for specifics. 

Be sure to budget adequately for appropriate gifts....they don't have to be wicked expensive but do keep in mind that people generally spend a lot of money to be in a wedding so a pair of earrings from Claire's won't cut it.....

Hope this is helpful.  Best wishes!
  • My Fi got his man a Leatherman tool set.  http://compare.ebay.com/like/120693796214?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

You can get a less expensive version. but this is a great guy gift that you know they will use. 

for the girls.  I have the same problem.  Two flower girls, 5 bridesmaids and 2 MOH's  Hummm... so what i'm doing is getting each of them a gift under 30 bucks and them my FI is burning a CD of there fav. music. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were on a small budget for everything, so we picked out books for each person according to their interests. It was thoughtful and meaningful while being inexpensive. For example, the English teacher got a copy of a play she had borrowed from me and liked. The fitness nut got a workout book. The knitter got a knitting project book. The pencil-and-paper gamer got a rulebook for his collection. And so on.
  • I can understand you're just looking for some thoughts out there. :) Random ideas can possibly spark you thinking of the perfect gift!

I just bought my BM a jewelry box off Etsy - it's actually a wedding shower gift for her because she's getting married in November and I'm a MOH. I think it could work in the reverse as well. I think it's a pretty unique gift, especially with the options available online! With shipping the one I bought was $50. I might get a couple pairs of earrings to go with it. Maybe this would work better for the JBM?

Also, this probably sounds creeptastic, but if you need more ideas...check out their Facebook page to see what they post about most - maybe that will spark an idea. You might even find a wish list of theirs on Amazon or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards