Moms and Maids
Options

Help!

My MOH lives 7 hours away and just had a baby..We are going to order the dresses next month for her and my bridesmaid. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions as to getting her fitted? 

Re: Help!

• Options
    I am having the EXACT same issue. My MOH also lives 7 hours away haha  

She had her baby mid December and I want to order the dresses by next weekend. She is close to her originally size but her boobies are huge (she's breastfeeding) so she's going to either get measured or measure herself (she can use a piece of string and then measure it) and call in the measurement to the bridal shop and see what they recommend. They are the experts. GL!!
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Not all the BM need to order from the same store.  If you're ordering from a certain designer (Dessy, David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo) they can order from any salon that carries the dress line.  My ladies lived all over the country and they ordered through Jay's Bridal with the Dessy line.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She should order the dress in the size she is right now, post-baby. When the wedding is a few weeks away, she should get it altered any way she needs it. Post-baby weight loss is a strange thing. It can be very quick, or very slow. It depends on a lot of factors, like whether or not she's breastfeeding, and of course if she's trying to lose the weight. Regardless, don't put extra pressure on her to fit into her pre-baby size. Just order the dress, and make sure she knows she's under no pressure to lose any weight.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I found a salon where she is that sells the one I want. Its one shoulder but I didn't think about her boobs since she is breastfeeding! I need to order the dresses in the next few weeks. She just gave birth last friday so I want to giver a as long as possible to feel human again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards