Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Southern Oaks Plantation In July

I am planning on going this week to look down my July date at Southern Oaks Plantation. I am planning on having an evening wedding, but I'm thinking about the heat!!

Any July Southern Oak brides have an issue with heat during there evening wedding or any guests have any issues with the heat at SOP in July??

Re: Southern Oaks Plantation In July

• Options
    kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting married outside????? My daughter had her reception there in August.......no problems.....its was very cool inside the whole evening....with 250 guests......we were outside for second line ect at 7:30 and no problems either but when we waiting for them to leave at 12:30 am....it was really humid....
  • Options
    MsRichard83MsRichard83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there on the front lawn and having the reception inside.
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's going to be HOT anywhere in the city in July, even at night, SOP is no different
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's going to be hot and humid, even at night.  If your having your ceremony outside, I would provide cute little fans for your guests because if you don't..they might not be too happy sweating their butts off.
  • Options
    MsRichard83MsRichard83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking into fans now! I don't want to wait all the way into october when it starts to cool down a little bit, and the earliest they have is July.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP's fan idea!  It's going to be crazy hot and humid.  As for the fans, I bet etsy or zazzle has something cute you can work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's definitely going to be hot, but it's not like people in the South don't get married in June/July.  I agree with the others.  Get some fans made and maybe you can print your program for the ceremony on it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd really consider having the ceremony indoors at SOP. I've attended a couple weddings there and it seems like they'd have plenty of space to set up the ceremony inside assuming you're not having a huge guest list. It's just SO hot in July.  I haven't been able to enjoy sitting outside in the evening for just under a month now and it's only June 14. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards