March 2012 Weddings
Options

you girls will understand!!!

I just discovered one of my nails (the middle finger on my right hand) has broken down to the quick.  Right now it's still on there because of the shellac nailpolish I have on, but it's cracked and torn on one side.

I'm so bummed, I really don't want to get fake nails but all my nails were about the same length!  And now one will be really really short.

I know, tiny thing to be upset over, but darn it!!!!!

Re: you girls will understand!!!

• Options
    4n6chick4n6chick member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    And now I just broke the one on my index finger picking up my purse.

I know this is ridiculous but I'm seriously about to cry.  I knew it was too good to be true that I wouldn't need fake nails.  I have incredibly weak bendy nails and I've been trying to grow them for the last month.  They were all about the same length :(.
  • Options
    I was doing good until last week I broke two on the same hand. I thought...maybe they will grow in time for the wedding 17th. By Monday I couldn't take it anymore and cut them all down and am getting fake ones tomorrow :(  Mine were so pretty!
  • Options
    I totally understand.  I have been babying my nails so much because I really don't want to get fake ones either.  You still have a little more than a week.  Cut your nails down and gently file them.  Put some clear strengthener on them.  Sally Hansen makes a few different kinds.  Make sure you moisturize daily because dry hands and nails can cause them to crack and split.  You might not have super long nails but they should look good by the wedding.  If all else fails they make some press on nails in the french manicure style that look pretty real.
  • Options
    Um me too!!!! My thumb nail cracked all the way down the side and I had to krazy glue it until I can get to the nail salon.  I am hoping once they put gel polish on it that it stays in tact. So annoying!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Instead of getting fake nails at the salon (since you all seem like you really don't want to), go to a drugstore and buy the KISS fake nails with the glue (not the press ons). All my BM's used them and DH's mom too! They look incredibly good and will come off when the glue wears off. The next day all the girls still had them on!

They even make ones for your toes - I couldn't believe how good they looked!
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    Oh I feel your pain! I broke my thumb nail last weekend and got so upset. You have time though just let it grow back out and be really careful and keep it filed so it doesn't snag on anything.
  • Options
    totally understand!! that is the worst feeling ever! you work so hard for you nails to be the same length and all, and they they break!! grrr... '

im just going to get gel nails next week. i dont have the paitence for my nails and im on a CPU all day so they are always breaking!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just superglued my fingers together, with a feather butterfly inbetween them working on my centerpieces. There are big spots of superglue and pieces of iridescent glitter stuck to my fingers and of course it's my left hand!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards