Honeymoon Discussions
Options

all inclusive adults only resorts in Europe

DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary and would like to go to Europe. We also love all inclsives. Anyone have any advice on any European adults only all inclusive resorts? We are interested in anything near the Mediterranean, adriatic,or Baltic regions. Thanks!.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image Visit The Nest!

Re: all inclusive adults only resorts in Europe

• Options
    All Inclusives tend to be found mostly in the Caribbean and not so much in Europe.  Also to be honest if you are going to Europe go and enjoy the food and the culture.  If you are looking in the Mediterranean staying in Barcelona, Nice or Capri are all amazing options with amazing culture to enjoy. 
  • Options
    I have never heard of an all includisve in Europe mostly because people go there to see the culutre, history, people, and food.  All inclusives are more relaxing and typically when you want to there to be pampered and not leave the compund. In Europe the hotel wil mainly only be the place you sleep and maybe catch a quick bite.

If you go to Europe you need to get out and about and see things, AI's are for resort beachy type of destinations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_inclusive-adults-only-resorts-europe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3e3fb3eb-5d35-42a0-9a60-5cec6083889aPost:a91a2f11-a7bb-4e29-a4d9-6745240d27de">Re: all inclusive adults only resorts in Europe</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never heard of an all includisve in Europe mostly because people go there to see the culutre, history, people, and food.  All inclusives are more relaxing and typically when you want to there to be pampered and not leave the compund. In Europe the hotel wil mainly only be the place you sleep and maybe catch a quick bite. If you go to Europe you need to get out and about and see things, AI's are for resort beachy type of destinations.
    Posted by Hilraythebride[/QUOTE]

This.  All of this.

AIs work in the carribbean because all the islands offer basically the same stuff. 

Europe is about culture, food, and exploring.  It is possible to travel without going AI - look at your budget, research the place you want to go (travel books are amazing places for information), spend a percentage of your budget on flights/hotel and the rest on seeing the world. 
  • Options
    I agree with PPs who have said that I don't think an AI is the best way to really experience Europe, but if that's what you're set on, the RIU brand of AIs has an AI in Portugal.  I don't know if it's adults-only or not.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012

Ditto pp's on experiencing culture. It doesn't make sense to go and stay confined to one resort...it's Europe!

• Options
    jen_woo_hoojen_woo_hoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    How about an all-inclusive river cruise like those that Viking River Cruises offers? Check out more about their cruises in Europe: http://www.vikingrivercruises.com/regions/europe/index.aspx
  • Options
    There are all inclusive places but they are mostly in resort beach destinations on the euriopean islands and in turkey.  It's nothing like it is in the caribbean and mexico etc.  They are packed with families, the food is cafeteria style...  Listen to other pp's and experience the culture and restaurants.  It would be a serious pity to go to europe and stay at a resort the whole time. 
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with going to an AI resort in Europe. I personally would love to explore more of the countries there, but due to time and financial constraints, a short trip to a beautiful European location with a view is something that would be better for me and my fiance. Not everyone has the ability to take a lot of time to go on their honeymoons - not to mention endless funds.

• Options
    josandkah said:
    I don't think there's anything wrong with going to an AI resort in Europe. I personally would love to explore more of the countries there, but due to time and financial constraints, a short trip to a beautiful European location with a view is something that would be better for me and my fiance. Not everyone has the ability to take a lot of time to go on their honeymoons - not to mention endless funds.

This thread has been dead for over a year and a half. Please don't bring back the dead.
  • Options
    Have you thought about a cruise?  Your meals are included, and your hotel moves with you from port to port.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards