Massachusetts-Boston

budget catering

We plan to have our reception on the north shore in June 2012.  Does anyone know of any inexpensive caterers that work in that area?  We are looking for under $40/plate.  I know that's a huge stretch in this area, but we have found a couple.  Just wondering if anyone has has any good experiences with anyone in particular!

Thanks.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: budget catering

• edited December 2011
    We are using Fasano's, they are in Braintree but they may travel.  I really like them, everyone is super helpful, they get back to me quickly, and the food is really good.  My sister used them for her wedding two years ago and she had a really great experience with them too.

We also looked into using Domenic and Anthony's and they were willing to work with your budget and we really liked the manager but we ended up changing venues and couldn't use them.

Goodluck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Tony & Penny out of Ludlow.  I know they are in Western MA but they travel.  The food is absolutely amazing and the price is even better.  The portions for the price is crazy.

I love them!  Call them for quotes and appointments though.
  • kristifavkristifav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!  I had heard Tony & Penny recommended on here before (maybe from you?), and I emailed them earlier this evening.  I checked out the other two as well and did the same.

Just out of curiosity...how far do T & P travel?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  I am using MIzioch Witham out of Peabody -http://www.miziochwithamcaterers.com/

The website doesn't quite do them justice, but they have been incredibly helpful, in business forever and everyone I tell that I am using them tells me about their delicious food.

I'm doing a buffet for cost reasons, but my plates are between 20 and 30 a person, so this is definitely something that could work out for you and I think is worth looking into for you.

Best of luck! 

Juliet
  • edited December 2011
    You're better off calling them though.  I'm sure once you speak to them they'd be better with emails.  I know there are a few of us who  love Tony & Penny.

My friend had them come up to Newton and they didn't charge a travel fee. 
  • kristifavkristifav member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MIzioch Witham look like they really offer a lot for the price...they are the most promising caterer I've seen online.  I will definitely be giving them a call.  We are interested in having something family style, and both MIzioch Witham and Tony & Penny do this.  Yay!  We can actually serve our guests a full dinner!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • par31par31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cateringsmith out of Quincy and Plymouth. With Linens, china and room set up we are paying 31 per person. Our menu is a buffet which includes  Shrimp,Chicken and Steak. We did a tasting and the food is excellent. Plus they are not charging an extra cake cutting fee. The website is cateringsmith.com
  • mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Gourmet Delights out of Hamilton.  I'm amazed at how accommodating she's been.  I think our food is down to less than 20 per person for buffet.  Roxann is PHENOMENAL!
    www.gourmetdelights.com
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards