Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Found the ring...

I was doing my boyfriends laundry and  unexpectedly washed a little gold bag with an ENGAGEMENT RING in it!!! I just folded his clothes and put it back in his pocket of his pants. Now I am going crazy waiting! I thought a lightbulb might click with him and he would worry that I found it when he knew I was doing laundry but NOTHING! 

Re: Found the ring...

• Options
    Well he wore them when we were back home for Easter and I'm thinking he got his Granny's ring from her...IDK...I guess I will just wait and see :)
  • Options
    Try to ignore it.  If it was his Granny's ring he may just be using the diamonds and still has yet to meet with a jeweler to get a new setting for you which can take months to a year.

If anything you can be honest and talk to him about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_found-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:beaff0e7-8b72-448d-a48c-b0f7d57edacbPost:1fe66ec2-8d9e-4d29-ab66-48182cd012bb">Re: Found the ring...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try to ignore it.  If it was his Granny's ring he may just be using the diamonds and still has yet to meet with a jeweler to get a new setting for you which can take months to a year.
    Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div><div>
    </div><div>He may not be proposing with the real ring. So many men I know used heirloom or family diamonds set in a setting of their choice. Don't get your hopes up or expect it too soon... that'll just drive you crazy.</div>
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_found-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:beaff0e7-8b72-448d-a48c-b0f7d57edacbPost:1fe66ec2-8d9e-4d29-ab66-48182cd012bb">Re: Found the ring...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try to ignore it.  If it was his Granny's ring he may just be using the diamonds and still has yet to meet with a jeweler to get a new setting for you which can take months to a year.  <strong> If anything you can be honest and talk to him about it.
    </strong>Posted by amsybot[/QUOTE]

Do NOT do this....like at all. 

Understand that HE wants this as much as you do and one of the biggest moments in his life, is when he will get down on one knee and ask you.  To see your reaction and the look on your face will be a priceless moment for him so please, please, please, do not mention anything to him about this at all.

I waited for 6 months before I got my ring and as much as I hated those 6 months with all of the endless waiting....I wouldn't have changed a second of it looking back b/c "the moment" was amazing and everything I imagined it would be....and then some.

You will have to keep your excitement under wraps...as hard as that may be, but trust me when I tell you it's totally worth it in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards