Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Really like Belle Mer, any other similar venue recommendations?

I really like Belle Mer (http://www.longwoodevents.com/Venues/BelleMer/Default.aspx), one of Longwood Events' venues, but its location is a bit inconvenient for my guests. Are there venues of similar style around the Boston area?

Re: Really like Belle Mer, any other similar venue recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly don't know any really similar venues - Belle Mer is one of a kind plus its on the water - you probably could try and find a loft or somewhere that is relatively a blank slate and try and decorate it similarly 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recently got married at Belle Mer and it was amazing.  We really wanted a modern vibe and didn't see anywhere in Boston, other than the State Room, that had that vibe.  We had similar concerns about guests being inconvenienced if we picked a Newport venue but we really wanted an indoor/outdoor venue and couldn't find anything in Boston. 

Ultimately we obviously went with Belle Mer and were pleasantly surprised by the response from our guests.  Most of our guests from the Boston/MA area actually came down for 2 or 3 nights and made a weekend getaway out of it.  Everyone loved Newport and they were really happy to spend the weekend there so maybe give some more thought to how "inconvenient" it would really be for your guests. 

And I truly cannot say enough great things about Belle Mer.  Incredible views, the service was amazing and our event coordinator there was top notch. Good luck!
  • Options
    ashleym0706ashleym0706 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also fell in love with Belle Mer, but we really didnt want to spend that much on our wedding the more we thought about it, so I have been looking for something similar, and I have found Misselwood at Endicott College. It has a lot of things that I liked about Belle Mer.  I would definetley reccomend a site tour since the water views are beautiful! The pictures do not do justice to the view! The tent also opens up like Belle Mer. Its a Blank slate to do what you want with the tent...everything is white like Belle Mer, but Misselwood has a real dance floor and a floor made of pebbles and sea glass in the tent! Good Luck! Let me know if you have any questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JacAndRy2011JacAndRy2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of any places similar to the class and modern style that Belle Mer in Newport, RI can offer? I have looked at everything under the sun and can't find anything similar!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards