New Jersey
Options

how early to book makeup?

I am getting Married July of 2011... peak season.. How early is to early to book a makeup artist?  Also, how early is to early to do the trial? 

Re: how early to book makeup?

• Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I got married in August and I booked my makeup artist about a year out.  I also did the trial around that time, because I get pretty tan in the summer but I am white as a ghost in the winter, so I wanted it done around the time of my wedding.   You can probably look around and book someone this summer and be fine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look around now and do the trial a year out. I waited longer and haven't done a trial with my new lady yet, but I would think for July people book up quickly.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am booking now for December wedding.  I think 1 year should be sufficient for a high season wedding. If your not sure call and inquire with your artist. I actually called Gina about 4 months ago and just asked id she had my date open. She did so I left it slide for a few months and just prayed it was still open.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked 10 months out because I did my trial on the day of our engagement session,  this way the makeup didn't go to waste :)
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked in November for my May wedding without doing a trial. I had my trial in February and was very happy. I think the earlier the better for vendors - but I'm a planner and like to get everything out of the way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "planner" as in way ahead of time... not wedding planner sorry, didn't want to confuse people!
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i booked mine about 10 months before
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_early-book-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:18fa8068-a0e3-40ca-819a-94feb8cf9a90Post:a5855c2c-802b-4b05-8c38-61b115b4cc7a">Re: how early to book makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked 10 months out because I did my trial on the day of our engagement session,  this way the makeup didn't go to waste :)
    Posted by kathygrzywnowicz[/QUOTE]

so smart!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's ever too early to book vendors.  If you wait too long, they might end up being booked for your date.

I had my makeup trial and booked in July for a March wedding, so 8 months out.  I ended up moving up my wedding to January shortly after and since January isn't a popular month, she pretty much had the whole month free.
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Book as early as you can.  I didn't think about it much and now I am less then 3 months out with no one to do my make-up, I hope I find someone soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards