California-Northern

Re: .

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom was like that too. I wouldn't confront her.. It will just be awkward at the wedding or create chaos and animosity. Little things always get blown out of proportion when emotions are running high.

I would say if she wasn't paying to stop talking to her about money. Which is probably a good rule of thumb. If she isn't paying for something, don't tell her about it or how much it cost. Only include her in the money decisions that include her. When the wedding rolls around, I'm sure she'll be so happy she won't care or think about the money.
  • Options
    gotitanggotitang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Anglyn to let it go. I was thinking about how many of us have to go threw listening to parents, friends etc.etc. who think it is absolutely crazy to spend so much on a one day event.
    I do have to say....at one time I was that person. I can remember going to this one wedding that was SOOOOOOOOO incredibly gorgeous and thinking (probably even saying out loud to whoever I was sitting next to!) WOW..the money spent on this could have gone to a down payment on a house. lol.
     I think it is natural for some people to think weddings are way over priced. I love designing weddings (would love to be married again someday) and believe that this day is a lifetime of memories. Be realistic in your budget and then get everything you want. Use your imagaination and have a good time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards