Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Anyone have a reception at Muriel's?

Hi all,

We are researching venues for a destination wedding next spring and are loving Muriel's, however I'm wondering what others have done for entertainment?  The venue said they would prefer a DJ or jazz trio, as there's not a lot of space.  Has anyone had a DJ?  We (and our friends) will definitely want to hit the dance floor at some point and I want to make sure the venue is appropriate for that.  We will only have about 40 guests.  We are also open to a DJ and our own disc compilation if there is a sound system in the room.  

If any others can share thoughts/experiences I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
J

Re: Anyone have a reception at Muriel's?

• Options
    I have a friend getting married there in a few weekends and they booked a band.  I think you'd be okay.  If you're not in a rush, I can let you know at the end of next month after their wedding. :)
  • Options

That would be fantastic!  We are planning a mid-late May weekend trip down there to visit venues, etc, so the timing could be perfect!

Thanks!

• Options
    I went to a wedding there a few months ago and they had a band.  It was a blast and there was plenty of room and had to have been at least 100 people there.  It did get a little bit warm though but I think that was because EVERYONE was dancing cause the band was so awesome.  It's a beautiful venue, the food is AMAZING, and it's in a perfect location.  That was my number 1 pick but we are having 250-300 guests and had to choose a more affordable option.  Best of luck with your planning.  You can't go wrong there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards