August 2013 Weddings

To what extent is your Wedding Planner doing all the things. If you are using one. Anyone w/ just da

To what extent is your Wedding Planner doing all the things. If you are using one. Anyone w/ just day of coordinator?

Re: To what extent is your Wedding Planner doing all the things. If you are using one. Anyone w/ just da

• Sorry, we don't have a wedding planner or a DOC.
  • My venue comes with a wedding coordinator for the ceremony...I literally have done nothing to plan my ceremony apart from choose the chapel. She sent me a details planning sheet a month ago, but I have yet to make any decisions. I assume I send her the filled out sheet, and she just makes it all happen like magic. Love Vegas!

As for my reception venue, I have a "coordinator," but even I'm kind of confused as to what she does. I guess she will set everything up that I send her for favors and decor.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • We aren't using one either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue provides us with a DOC. We havent met with her yet, but once we do she will be arranging times with the vendors to come set up, music, & basically just make sure everything runs smoothly that day so we dont have to worry about it. I can give you more info once we have the meeting with her which will be in the next month or two
  • The woman who coordinates events at my venue (which comes with a caterer, so she's also my contact for that) may kind of be a DOC? I'm not really sure what her role on the day of will be, I should ask her.
  • My WP is coordinating everything for me with the vendors.  She's been setting up the initial appointments, getting quotes/contracts, following up with vendors on outstanding issues, going with me on whatever appointments I ask to her.  She's been my right hand in all this wedding planning really and will also be my DOC.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Sorry we don't have a WP or DOC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am the WP and DOC haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our venue also comes with a DOC. We have our first meeting with her in a couple weeks to plan out the details and the schedule of the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our  church doesn't allow wedding planners to be present/involved in the church ceremony. We're not having one for the reception, either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• No wedding planner here; it's been fun doing on the planning.  I did spring for a day of wedding coordinator.  I think it will be the best gift I could give myself.  All of my decorations are DIY, so I'm going to drop everything off at 10 am and she will put up all the decorations.  I'm also going to get flowers from a wholesale flower market and drop them off with mason jars; she will also arrange flowers for me.  In addition she will be the point person for all the vendors, tell us when to walk down the aisle, ect.  And she has been great about answering a lot of emails. 
    Soon to be Mrs. Guidi Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hired a DOC because I'm extremely Type A and probably wouldn't sleep for a week before the wedding and wouldn't be able to calm my brain at all on the wedding day if I had to worry about the details myself.  I'm enjoying planning the details but don't want to manage them the day of.  Also, all of my VIPs except for one are OOT.  I don't want to ask anyone to fly across the country and then put them to work making sure the plans get executed correctly. 

My DOC is more like a month-of coordinator...she is attending the final venue walkthrough with several of my vendors, meeting with me a few times before the wedding to finalize details (decor, set-up, etc.), helping with the seating chart, creating and enforcing a timeline for the whole weekend, managing all vendors, distributing vendor payments, transporting leftover alcohol and decor items, etc.  In addition, she's also providing me vendor recommendations in the areas I still don't have covered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards