Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Formal invitations

I just sent my Save the dates last week people have received them however I'm wondering when I should send our formal invitations. Sent std's kinda late but wanted to finalize wedding details for our wedding website so I wasn't bothered with detail questions!!! wedding is only 4 months away
When did you send your invitations and how long did you give your guest to RSVP?  

Re: Formal invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is May 22. We sent invites at the end of February, so 3 months in advance. I set the RSVP date for May 1, but have recieved most of them already.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would still do formal invitations
  • Options
    pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sending mine at the end of July with and RSVP date of Oct 13 for my November wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent mine out the last week of January with an RSVP deadline of March 15.  Our wedding is May 1.

Our invites were a little slow in the mail due to the freaking 29 inches of snow we got that week. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent mine out mid Feb with RSVP date by April 1at for my April 29th wedding.  I also sent Save the dates.
  • Options
    SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I would've skipped the STD's and just sent out the formal invites since its so close to your wedding.

Our wedding is May 22, and we sent our STD's out in August 2009. Our formal invites were mailed out the beginning of March this year, and our RSVP date is April 1st.
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies! I am thinking I should send invitations end of April and ask for RSVP by June 15 how does that sound??? (Wedding is July 25th) 

Oh yeah our STD's were more for scrapbook and to insure people we are still getting married!!!!LOL And so guest could get room block info without me making a ton of phone calls (we are having 60ish people who are made up of our families and closets friends so everyone already knew)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Formal invites go out 6-8 weeks in advance.  Ours went out at the end of February.  The wedding is April 23, RSVP date is April 2. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards