May 2013 Weddings
Options

Help with BM dresses!

This past weekend, I went BM dress shopping with all 5 of my BMs.  We found a dress we all loved.  It fit everyone really well and I thought I liked the color.  Today, I was looking at pictures and even went to a bridal boutique to check the colors again and well I hate it! 

So is it more important to have the style that we all love in an ok color (that doesn't 100% go with my theme) or another style that is similar, in a color I love?

Here's the dress with the style we love but not the color: http://www.watters.com/Product/WtooDresses/Features:LongDresses/183#Colors:roseglow

Here's the dress with a similar style, in the color I love:
http://www.watters.com/Product/WtooDresses/Features:OneShoulders/239#Colors:shimmer pink

I'm thinking the 2nd dress, but any and all opinions are welcome! (p.s. I never thought I would be one of those brides who would freak out about this! lol)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Help with BM dresses!

• Options
    First off I love both dresses but I really love the first dress!!! Is there another color other than rose color that would work with your theme? What are you wedding colors if you don't mind me asking?
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mss274mss274 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Do you have your heart set on a specific type of fabric? If not, I think the styles are similar enough that I would go with the color matching your scheme. It also depends on how much you don't like the other color.

• Options
    I really love the first one :)

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_help-with-bm-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:c2bc5912-0143-49e1-b1df-6cb472a366b7Post:70b97cf4-4c90-4c36-af42-0be2d59c19c6">Re: Help with BM dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]First off I love both dresses but I really love the first dress!!! Is there another color other than rose color that would work with your theme? What are you wedding colors if you don't mind me asking?
    Posted by FLGatorGal88[/QUOTE]

Our colors are blush and white with touches of fushia (yeah a little weird lol).  I was actually going to use the buff color because it has pinkish undertones but it really doesnt work. 
  • Options
    I like the 1st one for sure :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also like the first on the most!  I haven't gone shopping with my BMs yet but I'm actually going in expecting that the dress chosen will set the color for the wedding.  I know that I'm looking for a certain shade of green and I'm looking along the lines of that shade.  It depends on what is more important to you.  Seeing as you have a color in mind, maybe dress 2 would work best but it is ultimately your choice
    May 2013 August Siggy Challenge
    hair Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Is the falcon a really dark gray? I am sure the fabric looks different in person than on my screen? Not sure if you want to have the girls in gray but it could work...
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the first dress!
    JUNE SIGGY- =)Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
     i think everyone will choose the first one 
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! I think I"m going to go for the first dress but in the color called "buff".  Online it looks tanish but I went to the store yesterday and its actually like a champagne/light pink.   They didn't have the dress I wanted in that color but here's another dress in that color.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards