Moms and Maids

Bridsmaid Gifts

Yes, I know my wedding is a little over a year away, but just wanted to get some ideas on what people thought of this.

I will have at most three girls in my BP; my BFF/MOH, my FSIL, and my current roommate/friend since we were in grade school. I've already asked the first two, and will probably ask the third at the end of summer/into the fall (various reasons). So I was trying to think of non-cheesy gifts, and up came Pandora braclets! So what do you think if I get the girls this braclet:

Black Leather

with this charm:

Haert Charm

I know that's $70 per girl, and I was thinking about getting nice sterling silver braclets from a jewelry store that aren't Pandora instead of getting the leather (those are the ones I'd be getting from Pandora, their silver ones are $25 more, and I'm not comfortable with that price right now). Also, I know my roommate already has a Pandora braclet; would it be tacky if I got her two charms instead of the braclet and one?

I'm really not overly concered with this right now, just looking for ideas. Laughing
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridsmaid Gifts

• 8daysaweek8daysaweek member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    `Personally, I think it's better to choose different gifts that each person will enjoy than to give them all the same gift - unless you are absolutely certain that each one would love the gift.

In my case, my two MOHs are so different, I can't imagine a gift that they would both love. I chose gifts that I might also choose for a Christmas or birthday present and the gifts are something they would each love that fits their personalities and tastes.

For my sister, I ordered a book of drink recipes and a set of Bengals shot glasses that are personalized for the name of the bar our grandparents once owned which she has a sign from. For my BFF, I got a doggie travel kit and a book of tricks to teach your dog that will help you bond - she has a new puppy she's obsessed with.

ETA: If you are certain they will all love and wear the bracelet, go for it. But don't feel like your gifts should all match.
    DD Lea, born 04/21/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #4 It's a BOY!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    CP: July 2011
    BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
    We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!
  • EnamiEnami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do actually think they would all three like and wear them. My MOH and FSIL both like jewelry a lot, and I know my MOH and I had matching charm bracelets when we were younger. I know my roommate would wear the charms, since she already has the bracelet. :) I do think I will give them a little something that's very personal as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridsmaid-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:aa80be25-a64e-4458-a550-7baf34e4da0ePost:5f382f5e-447a-4b76-b346-df2ddddfa59c">Bridsmaid Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I know my wedding is a little over a year away, but just wanted to get some ideas on what people thought of this. I will have at most three girls in my BP; my BFF/MOH, my FSIL, and my current roommate/friend since we were in grade school. I've already asked the first two, and will probably ask the third at the end of summer/into the fall (various reasons). So I was trying to think of non-cheesy gifts, and up came Pandora braclets! So what do you think if I get the girls this braclet: Black Leather with this charm: Haert Charm I know that's $70 per girl, and I was thinking about getting nice sterling silver braclets from a jewelry store that aren't Pandora instead of getting the leather (those are the ones I'd be getting from Pandora, their silver ones are $25 more, and I'm not comfortable with that price right now). Also, I know my roommate already has a Pandora braclet; would it be tacky if I got her two charms instead of the braclet and one? I'm really not overly concered with this right now, just looking for ideas.
    Posted by Enami[/QUOTE]

<div>Personally I would never wear a Pandora bracelet.  Consider your BMs and what each of them actually likes rather than trying to pick one gift for all of them.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I am a purse girl, so I got each of my bridesmaids a small purse, which they would never pay for.  These were $100 small 4x6 in purses.  They both love purses but would never pay that much for one, even a larger one.  I filled the purses with things they may have forgetten to bring. Somne of the things were:  disposible Venus razor, asprin, small first aid kit, mirror, static gaurd, Wisp toothbrushes and other things.
    Both of them loved it, and they carried them on the wedding day and will get use out them on night on the town nights.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • edited December 2011
    I guess first things first - figure out what you want to spend on each girl. FI and I decided on a budget and . I got all of them Coach wristlets - different colors and also got my MOH one a little bigger than the other girls (from the outlet and with a 30% off coupon), flip flops to change into at the reception and Lia Sophia earrings and a necklace. The earrings I was able to get for free because I hosted a party and had a ton of sales and the necklaces I'm bidding on now on ebay because I didn't want to pay full price ($54) for each necklace. Ebay has them for under $20 brand new! So it looks like I paid more than I did, but it'll all equal out. I also started buying stuff over a year in advance so I didn't have to come up with all of the money at once. It has really worked out well. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards