October 2012 Weddings

Starting to feel like a bride and not a wedding planner.

So we got engaged on September 3, 2011. Since then I have felt like a wedding planner. It's been like a second job. Of course I took on pretty much everything for this wedding and have made everything myself so it is kind of my own fault.

I'm excited to say that I am finally starting to feel more like a bride. I think it is because I know I'm having my bridal shower this month, and because I sent invitations out the other day. My Aunt already got hers today and just text me to say "Invitations are awesome".

Feels good to know my hard work has been worth it so far. Anyone else finally getting this feeling? Or maybe you ladies felt that way all along? Haha.
172 Invited. image
130 Accepted. image
42 Declined. image
0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Starting to feel like a bride and not a wedding planner.

• I know what you mean. I know I've been planning a wedding but it's slowly sinking in that I've been planning MY wedding. I don't think it'll completely sink in until a month or less before, when everything actually starts coming together.
  • I'm envious! I hope I will feel like that closer to my bachelorette and shower, which are also this month.
    Anniversary
  • We got engaged so close together (Sept. 1st, 2011)! I know what you mean about the planner bit...it's been never ending since about October of last year. My shower/Bachelorette party is in a few weeks, and I'm starting to get SO excited! 66 days...not liking I'm counting or anything :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
    56 Are Party Poopers image
    31 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Still feeling like a wedding planner at this point.  Everything is coming to a head at the same time...I'm trying to finish up a bunch of wedding projects and I'm nearing the end of my Ph.D., so I have too many balls in the air right now!

Maybe I'll start feeling more like a bride when I wrap up these major wedding projects. Invitations should be in the mail by Monday and the wedding programs that I'm making are really time cosuming (but really pretty when they're all done) will hopefully be done soon too. Only a few small projects left after those are done!

My shower is next Saturday (wow! It's crazy to type that!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, at my fitting when I had my hair all done (since I had my hair trial the day before) and did my makeup really nice, etc I really felt very "bridal." Most of the time I just feel like a planning machine.
    Anniversary
  • I'm still in the planner phase.  Once I do my cake tastings, send out our invites, and finally meet with the family friend doing our flowers, I think I'll start to feel less like a planner.  Oh and I'm sure once my dress finally comes in and I get to try it on, I'll feel like a bride!

• I think it really has something to do with sending out invitations. Makes things feel more real I guess, and it's the first glimpse your guests get at what you've been up to for the last year or so!

You ladies will get there soon!!!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
  • I don't know if I'll ever really feel like a bride.  I used to be a wedding planner so I think it's just in my nature.  I know even though I have hired people to take care of everything, I will still be there trying to run the show until my hair and makeup person drags me to the chair!

If I do end up feeling like a bride, it will be when I'm putting on my dress! lol
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_starting-to-feel-like-a-bride-and-not-a-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:fe7a1801-2986-4b11-8b12-9752e26c8b18Post:20815e16-5c9b-4693-bd40-c3156fab5dc0">Re:Starting to feel like a bride and not a wedding planner.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean. I know I've been planning a wedding but it's slowly sinking in that I've been planning MY wedding. I don't think it'll completely sink in until a month or less before, when everything actually starts coming together.
    Posted by marelin87[/QUOTE]

THIS! I totally feel like I've been planning some one elses wedding. :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I still feel like a planner. I think it has a lot to do with all of the drama the in laws are causing. Currently I feel like this is a party that I am planning (and paying for) for my in laws. :'( 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i finally found a veil I liked and it got orderd on monday ... When i had put it on I finally got butterflies... it was all about the dumb veil apperntly ...
    Love is All You Need
  • I also still feel like a planner. :( I'm hoping when I mail my invitations tomorrow, and get some checks taken care of in the form of paying off some vendors, I'll start to relax a little. I'm looking so forward to our special day, but at the same time, I know I'm going to be hugely relieved when it's all over and life gets back to normal!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_starting-to-feel-like-a-bride-and-not-a-wedding-planner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:fe7a1801-2986-4b11-8b12-9752e26c8b18Post:7fcf2992-21f9-4a60-8944-805c77153f33">Re: Starting to feel like a bride and not a wedding planner.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I know I'm going to be hugely relieved when it's all over and life gets back to normal!
    Posted by abricadabra[/QUOTE]

I hear you there. Sometimes I don't remember what life was like before. Hope I can get back to "normal"!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
  • I think I'll feel more like a bride as soon as we can get these dang invitations out (hopefully finishing them up this weekend!). 

I had no idea how ridiculously complicated it is to figure out the "proper" name wordings for people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards