February 2012 Weddings
Options

How do you say it nicely...

We are having a live band for our reception  and one of our friends is a DJ on the side and is pretty good and offered to DJ while the band is on break.  We obviously said yes because it is so thoughtful and he is also our MC.  We went over last week to sit down with him to get an idea as to what he is thinking of doing and it all sounds great but my fear is that he will start to make it seem like more of a night club rather than a wedding. 

He wants to bring a big screen so he can play music videos with some of the songs but we have parents and grandparents there and some videos are so not appropriate for a wedding.  He has put so much thought into it I don't want to offend him but how do I tell him we aren't at a club but at a wedding? 
February 18th I marry my Best Friend :)

Re: How do you say it nicely...

• Options
    I lvoe what you said about our grandparents and parents are from an older generation and some of those videos may not be appropriate. How about something like,

"We love your vision, DJ friend, but you know us... We're low key... Just think simple and wedding-classic and forgive us if we're not up for taking risks on music on this day. We love what you do, we just are SO OBSESSED with pleasing everyone. Thanks so much for everything you're doing -- we know you'll make it amazing for everybody! Can't wait to hear those timeless classics you play!"

Also, you can come up with a playlist of songs you want or a couple for reference so he can come up with others just like it. I know it's time-consuming but it will help guide him and keep your worries at bay. Good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    That sounds great!  Thanks for your help! 
    February 18th I marry my Best Friend :)
  • Options
    I would hope your friend would know to keep it tasteful, but just politely say keep it classy. Have a play list and have a do not play list!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    WElcome, and PP is right on the do not plays --w e actually picked every single song for our DJ: prelude, processsional, recessional, cocktail hour, dinner, reception, etc -- we just wanted to ensure he didn't have to read our minds... and I'm a control freak :)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Yeah I don't wanna hear the thong song- its highly inappropriate lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards