Florida-North Florida
Options

Reception Venue on a Budget

Any suggestions for a affordable reception venue for approx. 60 guests next June. Our budget is $2000 for the reception and we are looking for something indoors being that its going to be in the middle of the summer. Open to any ideas or suggestions....Thank You

Re: Reception Venue on a Budget

• Options
    Oops forgot location .....Saint Augustine to Palm Coast area ......n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_reception-venue-on-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:b892aa68-d292-49fb-8447-f395b88fd206Post:da74371b-50f2-48c6-960a-47ccea2183d2">Reception Venue on a Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any suggestions for a affordable reception venue for approx. 60 guests next June. Our budget is $2000 for the reception and we are looking for something indoors being that its going to be in the middle of the summer. Open to any ideas or suggestions....Thank You
    Posted by K+R2013[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I am also getting married next June in Saint Augustine and was there a couple months ago looking at places. You may try the Hilton our guest is 50 and is definitely over your budget however we are doing a full plated dinner. Their prices are reasonable so you may try doing just apps or brunch to reduce costs. You may also try the bayview room they seemed rather reasonable or the sala menendez those two locations are both catered by the same vendor. She is really reasonable and seemed like she was willing to work with you and the venues were very nice. We were looking at all of these but ended up going with the Hilton Stephanie is absolutely fantastic to work with and they really seem to try to accomodate me thus far. Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • Options
    MamaBear904MamaBear904 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I cant think of ANY venues in St. Augustine or Jacksonville that come even close to that price. I originally had a $3K budget but had to bump it up. (and Im having a small wedding too)

A couple of things will help you get that price. Consider a weekday or sunday wedding. Consider doing it in the morning/early afternoon. Even though Im having a Saturday wedding, Im saving a lot of money by having a 11:30 ceremony and reception following. A lot of your vendors will be able to do 2 weddings that day, so they'll often cut you a deal beacuse you're the morning person. Maybe you can save money in other areas to help boost your reception budget?

Good luck. Im sorry I don't have any other recommendations.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards