October 2013 Weddings

Dress!

Just doing a little happy dance tonight because I got a call that my dress is already in! They told me it would be 8 weeks, but it only took 2.5 weeks. I go back to the store tomorrow to make sure its perfect, try it on with my shoes, and take it home! Has everyone else chosen their dresses yet?
cassandra + justin. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress!

• Mine is in as well.  I am waiting for my mom to come home from Florida before I go try it on and buy some accessories.   I did find shoes that I like that are from nordstrom.  It was so hard to find a shoe that was sparkley but not too tall!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • My dress is in, I'm just trying to figure out if I should get it shipped to me or find a place to get it altered in Indiana and have them ship it there. If I get it shipped here, how do I even get it to Indiana? Sigh. This would be so much easier if I lived in Indiana, lol.
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Yes, I've had my dress since early January. It didn't have to be altered or anything, so it's just hanging in my parents' house until October.

• I ordered my dress at the end of September, and it recently arrived to the salon. My first fitting would have been tomorrow evening, but I had to reschedule cause something came up. I'm excited to see it, but waiting a few more weeks isn't that big of a deal to me.

Have fun trying on all the pieces together!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• lplions, my dress is in my hometown where we are having the wedding.  Depending on the alterations required and trips home you might be able to make it work that you can leave it there.  Since my dress has a corset back and I bought the sample dress the salon started the alterations right then and I just have 1 fitting in July when I go home.  Depending on your dress you might get lucky the same way.  I was fortunate to have all my actual wedding stuff for the fitting, shoes under stuff, etc. If you are flying to Indiana for the wedding, I've seen people do the dress as a carry on and airlines are prepared for that, just picture people who have destination weddings to Europe, granted how fun an awesome would that be in general ha ha.
  • My dress is arriving in April! So exciting. I'm going for a fitting then, but they said it's too early for them to start the alterations (which IMO is annoying bc I live out of town). The next time I'm in town will be probably July or August so that's when the alterations will be done! woo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards