Second Weddings
Options

Pic of you in your "Second Wedding" dress?

I think I am going to start looking at dresses soon and I really want opinions on what everyone is wearing.  I've already decided I want no lave (first dress was lacy) no poofy cupcake style (again, first dress) short or no train and not a lot of embellishments.  I'm not sure what's typically expected of a second wedding dress (someone actually suggested I should wear a short one, like tea length, but I just don't want to!).  I just don't want to seem "too done up", I guess.
Any pics?

Re: Pic of you in your "Second Wedding" dress?

• Options
    See pic in siggy--it was a Grecian inspired dress, empire waist/with silver beads.  Found it in the "special occasions" section of David's after trying on dozens of dresses.  I wore a satin, tea length dress I designed for my first wedding, in the 80s, and although everyone seems to be wearing those types of dresses now, I wanted something completely different.  I feel your pain.  :-)
    The best part of it, though, was my shoes. They were sterling silver barefoot sandals.  Cost more than the dress.  :-P
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_pic-of-you-in-your-second-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:b52d38a6-024d-47b3-9f1d-7c30c62f0db2Post:2841f042-79a4-4473-8702-06c13649ffcb">Re: Pic of you in your "Second Wedding" dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]See pic in siggy--it was a Grecian inspired dress, empire waist/with silver beads.  Found it in the "special occasions" section of David's after trying on dozens of dresses.  I wore a satin, tea length dress I designed for my first wedding, in the 80s, and although everyone seems to be wearing those types of dresses now, I wanted something completely different.  I feel your pain.  :-) <strong><font color="#0000ff">The best part of it, though, was my shoes. They were sterling silver barefoot sandals.  Cost more than the dress.  :-P</font></strong>
    Posted by handfast4me[/QUOTE]

The best part of the outfit is<em> always </em>the shoes, babe!  Funny thing, I spent more on my shoes for both weddings than I spent on my dresses. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I think I'm just REALLY over thinking things with this being my second and I'm worried about the Judgy McJudgersons out there. Glad I can come here to vent/freak out :)
  • Options

I have never worn a white dress. My first wedding I wore a peach sundress with sage green and dark rose flowers on it. It was a very causal, very low cost backyard wedding. This wedding I am wearing a more formal dress, floor length, satin dress that is silvery-gray with embordered darker gray flowers on the skirt. This wedding has a larger budget and a more formal feeling. I was very open minded about what dress I was looking for. I spent way more on my first wedding dress but I love this dress SO much more and it really speaks to who I am now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker 66 image Invited
    45 image Are ready to party
  • Options
    I'm not even officially engaged yet (ring is being set currently), but I'm buying my dress this weekend probably as I found one I fell in love with on a dummy last week. My dress in my first wedding was a simple pink floral maternity dress. I was 8 months pregnant. This time I'm having my real wedding, my forever marraige and I'm getting my real dress! The one I'm eyeing is ivory because white will wash me out and its made not for a princess but a queen! I am not going to however wear a veil. 1 I feel its inappropriate at my age of 31, that I'm a mom, and I'm also divorced. 2 My fiance to be loves my very long black/auburn hair, so I intend to do an updo with the curls cascading off of it down my back. I feel this is more sophisticated for my age and dress.  I also know he'll be happy to not have my hair which he loves so much covered. My shoes are nike ballet flats! I'm a runner and I want to have comfortable feet and some personality under my regal gown so we figured this would be a funny way to add a little pizzazz.

B
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Here is the link to the post whew I put pictures of my dress.
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_the-dress-pip

I am fortunate that a dear friend is making the dress for me and she had some incredible ideas from the pictures I had found.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    At my dress fitting:
  • Options
    I stressed and stressed over what type of dress I shoudl wear for my second wedding. I had some people say who cares wear what you want and others making it very clear they thought I should "remember it's your second wedding" blah blah! Finally I asked my FI what he wanted me to wear, after getting whatever you want to wear 100 times I said I know you have an opinion please tell me...he said I want to see you in a wedding dress a real wedding dress I don't care what anyone else thinks I want that moment with you. Needless to say I didn't go over the top but I will be wearing an A-line strapless gown with a chapel length train and I LOVE IT! So if all else fails just make sure you and your FI are on the same page you are the only two that really matter on that day! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards