Honeymoon Discussions
Options

I'm not having a honeymoon

My FH and I live in Los Angeles and are getting married in Maine  Due to budgeting time and $$, we've decided to postpone a "real" honeymoon for a year.  Is that strange?
Life's a beach!

Re: I'm not having a honeymoon

• Options
    kee80kee80 member
    First Comment
    Not at all!  My FI and I are postponing for the exact same reason, and one of my close friends postponed for 8 months due to work conflicts.

One thing we are doing is paying for a hotel room in the city where we live, and staying there for the weekend after the wedding - that way, we still get a little vacation without spending a fortune. 
  • Options
    We're getting married in the fall and having our honeymoon in the spring.    We might do a little B&B trip in one of our neighboring states soon after.  If I were you I'd just postpone your flight back from Maine for a couple of days and have a mini honeymoon there.
    murrayed
  • Options
    Not weird at all!  We will be postponing our honeymoon by six months because of a cross-country move two weeks after the wedding- there's just no time!  We are doing as previous posters suggested and staying a nice resort nearby for the three days after the wedding.  A "minimoon" would be a nice way for you two to spend some special time together but keep it very affordable until the "real" honeymoon a year later.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    Yup, we're doing a 2 day minimoon at a nearby B&B, then waiting 6 months for the honeymoon.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My FI and going to have to do the same thing. After getting married we are simply not going to have the money to go on the hooneymoon ASAP. I do not think it is weird at all.
  • Options
    why is it strange? you can't afford it now.  no biggie.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards