Washington-Seattle
Options

pink flowers...?

So, in an attempt to liven the bouquets up, i'm thinking of adding a little pink in the bm bouquets?? What do you think?

Our wedding colors are apple green and royal blue. The dresses are very green. I'm thinking my bouquet will be white, green, and maybe pink. Bm bouquets i'm thinking will be mostly white and pink with royal blue ribbon. 

Any thoughts? Do you think adding pink is too much?? 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: pink flowers...?

• Options
    cmcclaningcmcclaning member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I like it! I was thinking of using pink flowers as well!

• Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it'll be cute.  Love pink and green.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kind of think it depends on how much black you're using in the decor.  I like the green/blue/white/pink combo a lot.  But I think if there's a lot of black too, it may be too much.  Also, are you still doing the peacock thing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it'd be cute! But sometimes a monochromatic look can be very awesome too. So you could stick with just blues, whites, and greenery. I think that would be just as pretty!
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i can't find a way to really incorporate the peacock thing. i want to but i'm at a loss. i have too many ideas but i feel like they don't tie together.

the reason i was trying to add pink was because blue flowers are hard to come by and i think plain white is a little boring. I don't want the girls holding green bouquets against their green dresses. we aren't using any black besides tuxes and the bm's shoes.. i think.. ah! i don't know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pink would be cute. Are you using it elsewhere in the wedding? You could also try to include peacock feathers in with the white flowers in thier bouquets to add some more color and texture to the white flowers. I like the idea of just doing all pick bouquets for your BM, but if that is the only place you are going to have pink it might look a little funny.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    point taken.. no pink. got it.

so, i was thinking of lining the bottom of the bouquets with the peacock feathers if i did all white, do you think adding peacock feathers in the actual bouquet it would look good?? i just don't want the feather thing to be over the top... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara - http://offbeatbride.com/2008/05/peacock-feather-bouquet

And while I'm not a fan of the lotus pods in this one, I think the mix of flower textures is nice and helps it so the peacock feathers aren't so "blam!" http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25168881

I saw a centerpiece that Kendra at Loves me Flowers did for Lake Union Cafe at their booth at the Wedding show last year - it was mostly dark red flowers with some black feathers in it.  It was the first time I saw feathers used with flower and I personally LOVED the texture the feathers added to it.  I say if you want the peacock feathers to be more of a subtle addition, do a mix of deeper blue flowers of different texture with greenery and add in some of the peacock feathers: http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/36785/detailview.aspx?id=36785&type=3&wedding+details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets%2cCenterpieces&colors=blue .  Sorry, too lazy to do all the linking.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could include peacock feathers and it would look good.  If you're trying to add color, you could also use blue ribbons on the stems or blue crystals in the flowers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive seen bouquets with peacock feathers interspersed and it looks really good. Better than the collar of peacock feathers at the base look. I wish i put the ones ive found before in my bio. 

If you want to do blue/green bouquet, it would be better to accent with a purple then a pink i think.

Im also planning on doing a peacock theme too, but my location is tropical and im thinking it might clash too much.  I love the colors and peacock feather though.
  • Options
    amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do..I was going totally green and white but then I saw these white french tulips with light pink tips....sooooo pretty....pnk and green are my favs!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink is a neutral - it goes with everything!

Well, maybe not.  But almost!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree! I think that maybe a couple hot pink or light pink flowers would look fantastic, not a lot but just a touch of color!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ellle and Carrie- a touch was what i was going for. not a ton. a friend of mine had pink fowers in her bm bouquets that weren't anywhere else in the wedding and i didn't think it looked bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards