Eco-Friendly Weddings
Options

Help! Theme/Saying Needed

Hi Everyone!
I need some SERIOUS help with coming up for a cute saying to tie my reception together. We are going for a country-chich/shabby-chic feel. I really want to be able to have some sort of consistent theme, something along the lines of "key to my heart" or "lucky in love." I am really taking any and all ideas- song lyrics work too!
Thanks so much,
Steph

Re: Help! Theme/Saying Needed

• Options
    lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding sounds pretty.  Do you really need a theme or saying?  Are you planning on using it someplace?  Otherwise, I think people will just appreciate the aesthetic and don't really need a saying to "get" it.

Not really what you were looking for; sorry I'm not much help.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Starting new without forgetting where we're from
    Fresh and traditional
    Modern yet sentimental
    Beautifully old-world
    Refreshed with time
    Fresh with age

• Options
    We are having a wedding in a cave and i need a good idea for my reception! Please help me!!
  • Options
    I would look up a brief 1-2 sentence quote from an author who speaks to your theme.  Someone who writes about love, marriage, and honoring tradition while keeping true to one's own path.  Maybe a quote by Jane Austen, George Eliot, W. H. Auden, something from a children's book, Charlotte's Web or The Secret Garden?  Look up 'love quotes' 'love poems' 'famous authors speak on love' etc. till you find what you want.  If you find a quote you love, I'd skillfully introduce the novel or author in other aspects - maybe use that poem or novel exerpt (the one the quote comes from) in your program, maybe give copies of the novel as favors (paperback), maybe include various novels from that author and/or period around the room for the cocktail hour decor (flea market finds?)

We're using two readings in our ceremony, "Perhaps Not to Be," by Pablo Neruda, and The Apache Marriage Vow.  We're also using a quote from Shakespeare about love and the sea on our program cover.  This is a good reflection of my fiance and I, as we are both bookworm/nerdy folks.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards