Michigan-Grand Rapids

Hey Girls!

Hey I'm a MI bride getting married in the Kalamazoo area, but my MOH is actually getting married this year too! We are going to be her Bachelorette party in GR and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or ideas of places to go or unique places to stay! Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hey Girls!

• b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Mojo's.  It's a piano bar right downtown that is a lot of fun.  It's hard to recommend others not knowing exactly what you are looking for...bar scene? restuarant? relaxing pub?

As for places to stay...I really like the Courtyard Marriott.  It's right downton (across from Friday's and the Bob), and is super convenient to everything, as well as nice inside.  I would recommend that or the JW Marriott if you don't mind a little more money.
  • edited December 2011

We have looked into getting a suite at both of those hotels, we are thinking pretty low key, going to dinner and then maybe a little bar scene, but not too rowdy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely would suggest Mojo's then.  The Bob is good fun too.  They normally have a live band on the weekends on the 2nd floor and that's always nice.  There are tons of all different types of bars within walking distance of the hotels that would be a good time depending on what you are looking for.  Let me know if you have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Mojo's. It's my favorite place and that's where my bachelorette party will be. 
  • edited December 2011
    The Holiday Inn Express is very nice. It's also right downtown, and within walking distance of everything. It doesn't have a continental breakfast as many do. But I'd recommend for breakfast the following day going to the Sundance Grill. It's just up the street. Have a cinnamon roll!!! They are huge and I love the cream cheese icing. 
  • b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yum....I could go for that right now!
  • KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Megan -

Where are you going on your honeymoon? The pic looks amazing!
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Sixx nightclub downtown for my bach party and it was really fun. I second the JW for a hotel. :)
  • nikkilainnikkilain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say the BOB. They have 2 or 3 restuarants as well as 4 different bars, all on different floors with different music and different crowd. That way you could just walk up or down to wherever you wanted to go within the same building. They also have a comedy club that I have seen alot of bachelor/bachelorette parties go to. It's only about an hour show so you have plenty of time after to party!
  • kellivlkellivl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The BOB is really fun and has great food! They also have Eve night club which is fun, too. I also love Mojo's! They have decent dancing as well. Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards