Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

When to place aisle runner?

Is the aisle runner usually already down before the ceremony begins or is this done just before the bride's entrance? I think unrolling it right before the bride enters would be a little strange and time consuming?

Re: When to place aisle runner?

• Options
    If you put it down before the ceremony, that's fine but be sure to put a ribbon across the aisle so no guests walk down it. Also consider your venue. If you are having an outdoor wedding, you don't want your BP to walk down it and leave footprints that you are then walking on.

If you don't want to have some page boys roll it out just for you there is no need to, but it isn't uncommon.

We opted to not have one because I don't need another thing to try and not trip over.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    babe915babe915 member
    First Comment
    I've only seen it pulled out for the bride and its not time consuming or anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    >>Is the aisle runner usually already down before the ceremony begins

No.

>>or is this done just before the bride's entrance?

Yes.

>>I think unrolling it right before the bride enters would be a little strange and time consuming?

Well, it's not strange because up until about 5 years ago, EVERY wedding had an aisle runner and it ALWAYS was rolled down by pages after the procession and before the bride's entrance.  And how time consuming is it to have two boys walk down the aisle as the runner unfolds?
  • Options
    If it's rolled up like a scroll, I would think it would be super quick to unroll it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I plan on putting it out before the ceremony. I will put a sign that tells people to not step on it.

• Options
    the runner is rolled out right before the bride comes down the aisle.  Ushers roll it out and it is a dramatic effect.  Now if you have a special runner or floral design for a runner, then the guests are to be seated from the outside and not walk down the aisle.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards