July 2012 Weddings
Options

Response card wording.... I need help

I need some help ladies.  I was wondering how your worded your response cards for guests when you are offering a plated meal and the gust needs to indicate thier meal choice.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Response card wording.... I need help

• Options
    I had issues with this too...if you want to PM me your email address, I can send you a PDF of our draft response card with meal choices on it :)

Little Moments has great ideas for this too - when I had this problem, she emailed me samples of hers which were super helpful as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kindly Respond by the twenty-third of June

M ______________________
    -accepts with pleasure
    -declines with regrets

please initial each guest's dinner choice
    ____ pan-seared salmon
    ____ smoked double cut pork chop

dietary needs:

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_response-card-wording-i-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c7e37b48-f3ae-4cca-95fe-c434a95ae7c3Post:1eb7b7ef-144d-4b15-8954-d31108be53ae">Re: Response card wording.... I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kindly Respond by the twenty-third of June M ______________________ -accepts with pleasure -declines with regrets please initial each guest's dinner choice ____ pan-seared salmon ____ smoked double cut pork chop dietary needs:
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

I have this exactly but instead of dietary needs I have a vegetarian option.
  • Options
    Yeah, we were going to just do a vegetarian option but I have a FSIL with a gluten and dairy allergy, friends who are vegan, friends who are vegetarian, and friends who are pescatarian. Dietary needs just seemed simpler, haha. 
  • Options
    Meagan, when I come to your wedding, please use no oil, add lots of cheese, I would prefer mahi mahi over trout, and please hold the onions. Thank you.

JUST. KIDDING. I really hope you don't get those types of responses, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_response-card-wording-i-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c7e37b48-f3ae-4cca-95fe-c434a95ae7c3Post:365f7b41-7ada-4f55-9580-87de817a243f">Re: Response card wording.... I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meagan, when I come to your wedding, please use no oil, add lots of cheese, I would prefer mahi mahi over trout, and please hold the onions. Thank you. JUST. KIDDING. I really hope you don't get those types of responses, though.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>agghhh FI said almost the same exact thing! Luckily we're expecting ~100 people or less so I don't <em>think</em> that will happen. With food allergies being so prevelant and living in the land of hippies, I just wanted to be safe. Let's hope I don't end up eating my words :-/. 

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_response-card-wording-i-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c7e37b48-f3ae-4cca-95fe-c434a95ae7c3Post:365f7b41-7ada-4f55-9580-87de817a243f">Re: Response card wording.... I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meagan, when I come to your wedding, please use no oil, add lots of cheese, I would prefer mahi mahi over trout, and please hold the onions. Thank you. JUST. KIDDING. I really hope you don't get those types of responses, though.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA! Could you just imagine if someone received like 50 different versions of these??
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_response-card-wording-i-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c7e37b48-f3ae-4cca-95fe-c434a95ae7c3Post:1eb7b7ef-144d-4b15-8954-d31108be53ae">Re: Response card wording.... I need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kindly Respond by the twenty-third of June M ______________________ -accepts with pleasure -declines with regrets please initial each guest's dinner choice ____ pan-seared salmon ____ smoked double cut pork chop dietary needs:
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

This is what we used as well, minus the dietary needs part (small wedding, close family/friends, there aren't any strict dietary needs and if something has arisen I'm not aware of, we're close enough that they would mention it beside their meal choice anyway.)

ETA: Whoops, just realized I'm in July brides instead on June! Oh well, hopefully I still contributed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ours are as follows:

We have reserved 4 seats in your honor.
    Please select your meal option.

Not Attending         Beef     Chicken   Vegetarian   Child's Meal

Mr. John Doe                     
    Mrs. Jane Doe
    Miss Jill Doe                                                                                                      X
    Mr. Jack Doe                                                                                                     X

Kindly respond by June 23rd, 2012.

Children 12 & under will automatically receive the child's meal.

Please list any dietary restrictions on the back of this card. 

(this is for the peanut allergies & the gluten free guests (we know most of them, but want to make sure with others as well))

Hope this helps!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards