California-San Diego

San Diego/Temecula vendor reviews

Got married 10/17/10. Our wedding was amazing! Here's some reviews:

The Venue: The Oceanview Room on the Point Loma Naval Base  B

The place itself is amazing. The view is amazing and my guest were ohhhing and ahhhing about it all night. The staff at the oceanview room was amazing. It was raining the whole morning of my wedding and they called me in the early afternoon for permission to move everything inside. I was devastated, but one of my bridesmaids checked the weather forecast on her phone and it said it was going to clear up. So I begged her to put off putting everything inside and she did. Sure enough, it cleared up and I had my ceremony and reception outside where it was supposed to be. The wait staff prepared a plate of the hor' dourves (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) for us because they were gone by the time we were done with our pictures! They also prepared our plates for us from the buffet so that we could sit and rest. They were great and the food was amazing.
     I didn't give them an A because of our catering manager. Our catering manager is based out of the Admiral Kidd Club. (Two different venues, one catering company) If you are getting married at the Ocean View room or AKC and your catering manager is Tess Hall...BEG BEG BEG to get someone else. She is horrible. From the sounds of the people at the Oceanview room, she's the villlage idiot! She is impossible to get ahold of. IMPOSSIBLE. I was unable to reach her directly by phone once. I always had to leave a message and I wouldn't get a call back until she was just about to leave for the day. Tess told me that every guest had to have a base pass to get onto the base, wrong! Tess told me the guest list we had to hand into the security gate had to have everyone on it because they would be checking ID's, wrong. If you had a base pass they just let you in, if you didn't they'd check the list we provided. Tess made everything way more difficult than it needed to be. For some reason she refuses to give an address to the Oceanview Room. I can't figure out why. She would not give me contact information for people at the oceanview room. And she went on vacation the week of my wedding. You couldn't have handed the account over to someone else? She was just lame. If you ever hear the name Tess Hall......RUN!!!

Flowers: Fiore Wholesale and Floral Supply in Temecula  A
     We did our own flowers, but we bought them from Stephanie at Fiore. We ordered White and Green Hydrangeas and lots of coffee berries. They looked amazing and she was even able to give me tips on how to arrange them. We paid 350 for a ton of stunning flowers!

Photographer: Ananda Satya Photography  A

Ananda was amazing! Our package included an engagement session, 6 hrs of photography and a second photographer at an amazing price (I'd rather not post it in case she changes her pricing, I don't know that she will, but I'd rather be safe than sorry) She is so easy going. Our wedding day was sooooo disorganized and she was so great with working around our disorder and even guiding us through with tips she's learned along the way. She was great at getting everyone together where they needed to be at picture time. The only thing that I wish was done differently was the timing of the pictures. Our ceremony was at 5 pm so by the time the ceremony was over and it was time for pictures we were racing against the sunset. I wish my groom's and my pictures had been taken first while it was still light out. Our Bride and Groom pictures are all "night time" pictures. But they still turned out amazing. She had a sample of our pictures ready to look at on her site the same night! Her turnover time is amazing. And she's sooooo affordable. BOOK HER!!

Officiant: Pastor Charlie Thorn  A

Pastor Charlie was awesome. He's such an easygoing guy. He gives you a sample of his typical ceremony and you can add, delete or change anything you want! He even included the "football" vows we wanted! There were a couple of cute little jokes added it and it was really sweet! He was also key at calming Groom and I down. We were super stressed and he's such an amazing calming influence. He has a totally unique sand ceremony that includes all your wedding guests. It was beautiful and it was a big hit with everyone! He's a great guy and very affordable. However, he did just move from the San Diego area to the Temecula area and I don't know if that will affect his pricing any. We got him for $200, but that was when he was still in SD. Look him up and see what he says.

We did just about everything DIY and had ALOT of help from friends and family! These are the only vendors we actually hired. My night ended up turning out far better than I had ever imagined it to be, despite all the drama and disorder beforehand. If you have any questions about my vendors, you can reach me at [email protected].

Hotel: Holiday Inn Bayside  A
     I booked a block of rooms for my guests at this hotel and used it as a base of operations for myself. (We live in Murrieta and got married in SD.) They were super responsive and the rooms (and the beds!!!!!!) were amazing. They even let us store our flowers in the big cooler in their little convenience store. Talk about convenience!!!! Great hotel! I'd stay there over and over again! Cassandra was my contact there.

Re: San Diego/Temecula vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards