Colorado-Denver
Options

registry

Hi,

Question for everyone. My fiance does not want to register for ANYTHING - he has reasons that I support and we have talked long and hard about the whole thing.

We are giong to register for some gifts, but he comprimised on registering for cash....the registries that you can sign up for "our honeymoon fund, house fund, etc." Does anyone have a recommendation for this - there seems to be a lot of different sites and they all kind of make me a bit nervous!

Thanks

Re: registry

• Options
    Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've heard good things about Honeyfund.  Also, if you are in the need for furniture, American Furniture Warehouse will let you register, people put money in, you buy what you want and they'll cut you a check for any leftover money that you didn't spend.  Just an idea...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!! very helpful
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's rude to register for cash, as in a honeymoon fund.  Take a vacation your able to afford yourself. 

If you want cash, don't register.  Period.  People will get the hint.  But don't be surprised if people come up with unwanted items because they want to give you a traditional gift.   I'm sure you can think of a few things to put on a traditional registry.  People still like to have that option available.  Spread though the word of mouth that you would prefer cash.  Let your parents and your FIL know that and they will spread the news if someone asks them what you would like for your wedding gifts. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    samgirlsamgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    checkout www.depositagift.com it's perfect for your needs. you can register for cash gifts towards anything. you can do the honeymoon, but you're not limited to it. it can be for furniture, a down payment, newlywed activities, whatever. it's an awesome site and allows you to show what you need in a polite way. much better than registering for stuff you'll just return, which is wasteful for everyone. why not just be honest about what you need/want? you're not asking for money, you're saying that you'd prefer the gift of time together, travel, achieving home ownership, etc. much more practical and fun for these times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks! i'll check out depositagift for sure - i appreciate the advice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YOu have to be careful with sites like those.  They sometimes charge a service charge.  So you don't get all the cash your guests give.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards