February 2012 Weddings

Canada Post is Awful!

Our RSVP date was Friday and we started emailing and calling people we havent heard from and so far there are at least 8 people who didn't get their invites...one of which is my own brother...

I feel bad becasue i was getting frustrated at people who havent sent the cards back but who know who else hasnt received the invite ugh!

Is anyone else having issues with invites getting lost in the mail?
February 18th I marry my Best Friend :)

Re: Canada Post is Awful!

• I don't know where you live but I had no issues. Everything I sent out was received within less than 3 days and I sent some thank-you cards out over Christmas. The only issues I had were mistakes on the address. (from the person who gave me the address and I received them back fromt he post office within 1.5 weeks of having sent it)

Everything was sent either from Toronto or from an hour north of Toronto and nothing was lost and nothing was late. I sent thank-you cards from my shower Monday and most were received Tuesday. (within the GTA)

Sorry, I don't know what could be going on.
  • I'm not in Canada, but I'm having a similar issue. In my case, the stickers sealing the envelopes came off of some invitations, so the guests didn't receive RSVP cards or the paper with our hotel/reception/website information. Others have called FI's parents and said they never received them. We're taking RSVPs by phone and apologizing for the missing invites...it's frustrating! I hope you get it sorted out!
  • I live in Surrey, BC and had a couple that took an extremely long time to get to their destinations.  We mailed them all on November 18th with a deadline of January 1st, and 3 people didn't receive them until after the deadline!  Haven't heard of any getting lost though! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards