Florida-Central Florida
Options

Alterations

Has anyone had experience with the alterations department at David's, either good or bad?  I'm trying to decide if I want to go with David's, which is more expensive, or with Jeanine.  I used Jeanine recently for a bridesmaid dress and I was happy with the alterations themselves but the dress was very wrinkled when I picked it up.  My bridal gown is made of an easily wrinkled material and I just can't decide if it's worth the extra money to ensure that the dress is steamed/pressed after alterations.  Plus David's said that if anything bad where to happen to the dress during the alterations, they would replace the dress.  Just looking to see if anyone had used them before and if they were happy with the experience.

Re: Alterations

• Options
    sarah42ndsarah42nd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never used davids bridal but I have heard alot of bad stories . If steam and pressing is an issue then just get that done at the dry cleaner.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would use Jeanine.  Which is more important to you?  That the dress is altered so it fits you or that it is steamed at the same time it is altered?  You never know what you'l get with David's. They have several locations and a few seamstresses at each location.  So one person could have a good experience and the next a not good experience.  After you get it altered, you can take it to Carolyn Allen's to have it steamed or they can come to you.  It may be a little extra but if Jeanine is already cheaper, it might work out to the same price.  Just make sure your alterations are finished with enough time to steam the dress.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Jeanine for my wedding dress. It has a lot of crinoline under it and when she gives it to me (tonight!!!) I am going to take it out of the garment bag and pull the crinoline straight and maybe take it to get steamed next week if the wrinkles don't fall out from the weight.
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would use Jeanine as well. She just came to pick up my reception dress today and i think that she will do a fabulous job. The wrinkle part can be worked out. You know her work...it is more important then the steam IMO
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used David's before... I didn't have any probelms with them. I didn't have anything too difficult to alter though. I went to the one in Altamonte.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards