Nebraska

Outside venue ideas around the omaha area?

Im getting married in Sept. (hoping i wont have to worry bout rain) and i only have a few months to put some ideas together. Id really like to have an outside wedding (50+ guests) but i cant seem to find the "right" place. I know for sure id like the ceremony and reception both outside and in same place around evening time. Id like to keep the location within 50 miles of omaha, ne. Trying to be around somewhere woodsy like campsites or reservations (idk if all of them allow it or not) that wont cost me and arm and a leg. Thanks ahead of time for any ideas! 

Re: Outside venue ideas around the omaha area?

• If your date is not 9/28/13 (my date) the outdoor amphitheater at Platte river state park rents for $30 and the Mallet Lodge about 200 feet away from it rents for $260 and allows you to bring in your own food and beverages. Beer and wine are allowed, hard alcohol and kegs are not. We are getting a cabin on Friday and saturday night, the lodge and the amphitheater for just over $500, and having food catered in and buying our own alcohol for 120 people. The food and alcohol after tax will be UNDER 1200 for 120 people. The only downside is the party ends at 9.... But we just will continue it on at cabins family members rented. If you go that route I would recommend the cabin Chokecherry as it is great to get ready in and right across the street from both the amphitheater and the lodge.
  • Have you looked into Mahoney State Park?  I don't know if you can have both the ceremony and reception outdoors, but they have ample space where you could easily pop up a tent for ~50 people.  I don't know what their policy is on alcohol, either, but my cousin was married there and we just bought some large bottles of wine (also water and tea) and that was plenty for 50 people.
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy: Invites imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • those are both really good i will have to look into those!! Smile
  • We looked at Mahoney State Park as well, There are places that  you can use outside but they do not allow tents, and only allow the elderly to use chairs on the grass. The Riverfront Lodge at Mahoney is about $30 more but is smaller and holds less people and has ugly red pipes along the ceiling. Otherwise if you have food in the main lodge or any of their group facilities other than the Riverfront Lodge you have to use their catering and alcohol and it is expensive. If you use the Riverfront Lodge they have the same alcohol policy as Platte River State Park, you can have beer and wine, but no kegs or hard alcohol.
  • There are a lot of wonderful Bed and Breakfast places just outside town that do weddings.
  • We had our wedding at the UNO Alumni Center.  Not very "woodsy" per say but a beautiful outdoor space and you can have your reception at the same venue.  It was affordable too, even more so if you do a Friday night instead of a Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards