New York-Long Island
Options

photographers: need your opinions please!

has anyone ever heard of or used ADA photography or fine art photography? they are two photographers that we are having a toss up between and need some long island knottie help. we are getting married at the crest hollow and would like to stick with their prefered vendors (both are) but would like some feedback on them. thank youuu!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: photographers: need your opinions please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen albums done by ADA photography at every venue on Long Island that I've visited. They seem to do amazing work & they're the main reason I want a wedding album, not just photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KelBelle118 - I sent you a private message.

• Options
    nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard not so great things about ADA from a few people who used them and had problems with them....that pretty much the reason we didnt use them..GL :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_photographers-need-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:269aded0-9d71-4232-879e-ebbb33d1cc67Post:36a4fbb7-b1b1-4b41-9e90-dddb28dd25e9">Re: photographers: need your opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard not so great things about ADA from a few people who used them and had problems with them....that pretty much the reason we didnt use them..GL :)
    Posted by nicole1125[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Same.

</div>
  • Options
    bmoscowitzbmoscowitz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know if Memento is pretty good?
  • Options
    KelBelle118KelBelle118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wat did you hear about them was it picture quality or professionalism? i need a great crest hollow house vendor =[ im starting to get discouraged
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey KelBelle118 - I have heard MANY different things. Quality, turn-around time, non-responsive, also the amount of images. The other thing is a friend of mine has an album from them that has already fallen apart. I sent you a PM with a suggestion for a photographer that shoots there often. You do not need to hire a house vendor for your wedding. Just saying.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Memento does nice work as well. But I do not know anything about the company other than what I have seen online.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea same and Karen I have heard a few different complaints about them..but most of them had to do with professionalism and getting the proofs/albums being a problem...we used Duet in Huntington and loved them! Everyone, bridal party/family members/friends were all saying how great they were...they just blended in to the party but also got great shots....they website is great

www.duetwedddings.com

Deff recommend them :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS-we used Alberto and his team

oo sorry its actually

www.duetwedding.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I can mention who I am using for my wedding. I know they have shot at CHCC a bunch...

www.alexissteinphoto.com - a soon-to-be husband and wife team in Port Jeff, NY
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ADA took forever to get my friend her book, like over a year. The photog that did her wedding was also super unprofessional. Like, left in the middle of her ceremony with the camera on a tripod just snapping every few seconds on a timer, which is redic for what they paid.

I've heard Fine Art is nice, but I've never dealt with them or seen their work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow a year is a lot. About the albums. There are so many options out there. Not sure which company they use but ask them if they use true panaromic albums? I've had great success with Graphi stuido albums and FINAO albums. They are the best. so before getting into any albums ask them which company do they order them from. Ofcourse prices are not available online for them since they are geared towards professional photographers but you may want to find out. Also get it in writing on a contract how long it takes to get the prints/DVD/ and album. I know I put it on my contract but you may want to make sure its explicitly written :)
  • Options
    Javipeda2012Javipeda2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married at the Crest Hollow. I met with Fine Art and they seemed nice but a bit on the pricey end for me personally. I have a friend who recommened Duet. They did her wedding and she was thrilled with it. 

Does anyone know anything about Patken? They are also a perferred vendor at CHCC. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    never heard of them but check out http://www.theredsweatshirt.com , thats who we are using.
    Just Married Photo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used ADA and was very pleased! My pics came out great and I actually live in FLA and still got all my stuff back fast. I used Big John from ADA and thought he was great. No problems with them from me:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used ADA Photographer as well & could not have been more pleased with them. They were very professional & the owner worked with our budget & delivered the best proofs. We love the Thanks You's and the party favors. Highly recommended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards