Illinois
Options

Where to start!

Hi,

I just got engaged a month ago and we are just now starting to think of our wedding day! Where on earth do we start besides a budget? How are you all paying for your weddings?

The knot is full of information but it's overwhelming and a little disorganzed here.

I don't know what I'm asking for here but I feel like I am in the middle of a big ocean!

Re: Where to start!

• Options
    mishel13mishel13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, congratulations!

We started off by setting a budget. The Knot Budgeter was helpful because it gave us an idea of an average that people spend on different things. We were kind of clueless of what things cost when we started off.

Then we started thinking of the type of wedding that we'd like to have. What season did we want to get married in, what colors we wanted to use, how big of a wedding we wanted to have, things like that. 

Once you decide on the type of wedding you'd like to have, the knot tools are helpful because you can search for specific things. They have a tool to search by the color of your wedding, which I found helpful, especially when I was trying to figure out what flowers I wanted to use.

Also, use your Knot Checklist! It has helped me stay on task with everything. It also has a reminder tool that you can set your own checklist items and it will put them up in the approriate month. I used this for all of my meetings with vendors. And, it sends you an email if you'd like to remind you, in case you don't check your checklist frequently.

Hope any of that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thing to think about, besides all the other awesome suggestions, is a potential guest list. It doesn't have to be set in stone, but if you have a good idea of who you're probably going to invite you can determine what the size of your wedding is going to be. That will help determine a better portioned budget (like if you're inviting 50 people, you'll probably spend less on food than you would a reception for 300 people) and how intimate a wedding you're looking at.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards