Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

One Month- just about...

So, I am about a month out and starting to panic. I know everything will get done in time, but my mind is 100 percent consumed by wedding stuff. I cannot concentrate on work at all. I've been trying to read this same report for the past 3 hours and I keep drifting off to my registry, coming on here, googling cakes, etc.

I just want to make sure I'm not alone, Wives out there, is this how you were??
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: One Month- just about...

• amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a month today and feeling the same way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Um.... I'm 11 months out and I'm like that.... I dread thinking about what I'll be like a month out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sari- Once you get the big stuff booked, your mind will most likely go on a short wedding hiatus, at least mine did, and has come back in recent weeks with a vengeance!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree JL! I took a nice hiatus from October until jan 1... then i quicly came back to wedding focus ....

• edited December 2011
    I moved halfway across the country a month before the wedding and started a new job 2 weeks before, I didn't have time to think about a wedding!  Smile Obviously it was on my mind, of course, but having other things going on meant I wasn't focused on it 100% of the time.
    imageimageimageimage

• edited December 2011
    First of all, yay for being nearly a month out!! And yes, I had trouble concentrating at work in the last month or so, but it was definitely the worst my last day at work before the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Sending good vibes to you to ease the stress!

I am feeling that way three months out. A day off from work to focus on what you need to accomplish realllllly helps. Makes you feel recharged and incontrol again.

As a tip to try, in the moments when you feel totally stressed, focus your attention on that feeling and then OWN it. "Yes, I am acknowledging how I feel, but it doesn't need to be this way." Think of the day after your wedding when all the stress will be gone and imagine how that would feel--then bring THAT feeling to your present state of being. You might find that your stress has vanished :-)

Good luck!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg... I'm totally all over the place too. I can't concentrate on ANYTHING. My school work is slipping and, overall, I'm just a mess - You are most definitely not alone! Yay for
  • dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  I'm definitely that way too but I find myself focusing on certain things.  Like I focus on one wedding task each day during work - today was finding dinnerware at one of the stores on my registry.  Otherwise my mind is all over the place - and never at work doing work!! 
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards