New York-Upstate
Options

Need Advice for Fall Outdoor Wedding in Lake George Area- HELP!

Ladies, please help me!  My fiance and i really want a diy wedding (for about 90 guest) and i already have so many ideas on diy centerpieces and decorations.  We found a great rental estate that will let us basically decorate the estate however we want it to be.  The estate already have enough table and chairs for everyone.

However, my biggest concern is that there is no indoor backup plan. October can be chilly up there... any ideas what i can do?  should i rent heating units- does anyone know of a cost effective solution?

My other option is to go to a banquet hall, but i can't find a place that will be anywhere within my 18k budget, am i crazy or is this even possible?  Please, help me out!

Re: Need Advice for Fall Outdoor Wedding in Lake George Area- HELP!

• Options
    I'm getting married in Lake George in mid September at an outdoor venue (in a tent).  They require us to rent heaters in case of chilly weather.  I would suggest looking into Clifton Park Rentals and inquiring about heaters.  I think they're about $200 per heater.
  • Options
    Rain or Shine rental does big heaters.  I used them for my wedding and they were awesome! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_need-advice-for-fall-outdoor-wedding-in-lake-george-area-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:70c64193-70f4-4ed7-9ad1-0a53dc4e1dc7Post:501807df-d718-48be-92ed-9f43581eb70f">Need Advice for Fall Outdoor Wedding in Lake George Area- HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies, please help me!  My fiance and i really want a diy wedding (for about 90 guest) and i already have so many ideas on diy centerpieces and decorations.  We found a great rental estate that will let us basically decorate the estate however we want it to be.  The estate already have enough table and chairs for everyone. However, my biggest concern is that there is no indoor backup plan. October can be chilly up there... any ideas what i can do?  should i rent heating units- does anyone know of a cost effective solution? My other option is to go to a banquet hall, but i can't find a place that will be anywhere within my 18k budget, am i crazy or is this even possible?  Please, help me out!
    Posted by bzeng[/QUOTE]

You're right, October can be chilly. Rent a tent (with siding too) and heaters just in case! Guests will know to dress fairly warm for an outdoor wedding in October!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards