Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Opinions Needed :)

So, FI and I have been slacking on finding the ceremony musicians for our July Wedding at Duquesne (we are still looking around) Any suggestions?

Also, FI is a musician (actually went to music school) and thought that he might want to play me down the aisle on his acoustic guitar. I liked the idea because I thought it was sweet, and personal. Also, it sounded really pretty when he played it. Some of my friends think it is a bad idea though. Opinions?

Re: Opinions Needed :)

• edited December 2011
    I'd be nervous of him keeping it together, it is a very emotional moment. Plus, he wants to make sure he can focus on you and not the guitar. I don't think it is a bad idea, I'd just be concerned.

FWIW we had DH (first time I've used that! Hooray!) nephew play the guitar while guests were being seated and hanging out, then we had my cousin move to the piano to play while the bridal party walked down the aisle. It went flawlessly.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • jenice95jenice95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of musicians are you looking for? Duq has a contact for an organist that plays many weddings there. How about your FI play a sweet song for you at the reception?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you would have your FI tape the song he wants to play while you walk down the aisle and then play it on a radio/speaker instead.  That way it can still be the song and idea he had but he can concentrate on you at that moment and not playing the guitar.  I love the idea though!!
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. Walking down the aisle to DF is a special moment and you two want to be focussed on each other. See if you could either have a recording of DF playing that song or maybe if you find another musician have them play it for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards