Chit Chat
Options

frist holiday season as an engaged couple!

This is our first Holiday season as an engaged couple and its going to be a crazy one. As of right now our Thanksgiving plans are thanksgiving day lunch at his grandparents with his moms side of the family then thanksgiving day dinner at my parents house. Then on Friday we will have thanksgiving with my mom's father and his girlfriend (him and my grandma are divorced and still don't like to be near each other even though they have been divorced since my mom was 13). On Sunday we will go have a late thanksgiving lunch with FI's dad (FI's mom and dad are divorced so we have to do seperate Thanksgivings with them and FI's dad is a cop and works a crazy schedule so we don't get to see him very often.) and then Sunday night we will go have a late Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family and do Christmas name drawings and all that kind of stuff!

I'm so ready to have our own house and just invite everyone over and have one big Thanksgiving.....in one place....

Just thinking about Christmas makes me tired lol

Re: frist holiday season as an engaged couple!

• Options
    I feel stuffed after reading all that! I think one Thanksgiving is enough, so good luck to you and your poor stomach!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds like a lot of driving. Ick.

We're rotating holidays. Thanksgiving at his dads and Chirstmas at my parents. Then we'll drive up and see his dad, etc after Christmas also. Then next year, we'll probably reverse that or something.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you get to bring a sidedish or something so you're not eating the exact same thing three days in a row.
  • Options
    Uck... I feel sick to my stomach just after reading about all those Thanksgiving dinners.  I hope they're not all identicial meals, so you at least have some variety!

Good luck on getting a house by next year... my FI and I are also house shopping and looking forward to hosting our own Thanksgiving dinner next year. :) Have a happy first holiday as an engaged couple- and good luck working off all those dinners! ;-)
  • Options
    This is our first (and only) holiday season being engaged. Unfortunately, we are spending T-Day apart (he has to work and I have to go back to my hometown to go to wedding appts b/c it's one of the few times I can get back there). We will get to spend Christmas together though. Good luck with all those dinners!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_frist-holiday-season-engaged-couple?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:414f142a-c192-404f-b322-4c95c5f1da87Post:b4d101ca-a943-4842-a6fc-a29d38339076">Re: frist holiday season as an engaged couple!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds like a lot! Good Luck! I am so glad that my parents and FIL's have decided to come together so FI and I can spend the whole day with both families.  It will just be the 8 of us and it will be so relaxing.
    Posted by DanielleZZ[/QUOTE]

we're doing that too this year. Its our first year as an engaged couple, and I'm pretty excited that everyone is getting together, so it'll just be everyone at my moms for lunch, then we will go to my dads for dinner.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think our plan once we get a house will be to have my parents and FIL come over together like a couple of yall are doing. We had a family meet and greet engagement party two weeks ago and both immediate and extended familes got along great and really enjoyed each others company.
  • Options
    It didnt occur to us to do anything different for the holidays now that we're engaged. We get to discover all that fun when we're married! :)

I am dragging him out of state for my family's annual post-Christmas visiting of extended family. We haven't done anything during the holidays together yet...we just go home to our families.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_frist-holiday-season-engaged-couple?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:414f142a-c192-404f-b322-4c95c5f1da87Post:ccd599e1-ec61-4d56-8f98-40df24c70e35">frist holiday season as an engaged couple!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is our first Holiday season as an engaged couple and its going to be a crazy one. As of right now our Thanksgiving plans are thanksgiving day lunch at his grandparents with his moms side of the family then thanksgiving day dinner at my parents house. Then on Friday we will have thanksgiving with my mom's father and his girlfriend (him and my grandma are divorced and still don't like to be near each other even though they have been divorced since my mom was 13). On Sunday we will go have a late thanksgiving lunch with FI's dad (FI's mom and dad are divorced so we have to do seperate Thanksgivings with them and FI's dad is a cop and works a crazy schedule so we don't get to see him very often.) and then Sunday night we will go have a late Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family and do Christmas name drawings and all that kind of stuff! I'm so ready to have our own house and just invite everyone over and have one big Thanksgiving.....in one place.... Just thinking about Christmas makes me tired lol
    Posted by ECI1151[/QUOTE]

Now I understand Why my FI asks "Can we please just stay home?"

that is alot, GOOD LUCK to you come Christmas
  • Options
    We ended up having two thanksgivings in one day. I absolutely hated the idea of not seeing my family on such a big holiday and my FI is so very family oriented that it didn't seem like an option to not go to his. At 1 we were at his family's, then we left just before 3 to go to my mom's. It wasn't a problem when we were dating last year. His mom works at walmart and usually works every thursday, including thanksgiving. I'm not sure what we'll do with Christmas yet, I hate the thought of not being with my family and their traditions. I'm the oldest and everyone else is still at home.

Splitting Holidays definitely sucks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards