Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

PHOTO BOOTH & BARS -NORMANDY FARM

Hello Normandy Brides :)

I am wondering if any brides who used the grande ballroom at Normandy have some advice for me and a few things! Thanks so much for any help I'm just trying to get these last things off my plate beofre the big day! 45 days to go :)

1. Bars- We were told by our EP that the bars usually stay in the franklin room during the reception. We thought this might drag guests out of the main area and cause too much seperation from the main room and the bar because we are a family of big drinkers and people like to linger at the bar. Can you guys tell me where your bars where placed in the ballroom?

2.Photo booth location- We also have a photo booth coming and were having some logistical problems on where its going to fit and at what time... did anyone else have a photo booth? if so what time did it start and where was it?

Thanks everyone!

Re: PHOTO BOOTH & BARS -NORMANDY FARM

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cannot help too much because I got married in the Silo Ballroom, but I just wanted to say hello to a fellow Normandy Bride!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!! Nice to meet a fellow Normandy Bride!

When was your wedding & how did everything go?

:) EZ
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend got married in the Grand Ballroom and also had a photobooth.  The bar wasn't really an issue.  It takes 2 seconds to go and get a drink and come back.

The photobooth they had off to the right, if I remember correctly as I was slightly, ok heavily intoxicated, when you walk in the room.  So if you're facing the DJ area/dance floor, again it was to the right.  They also had tables to the left of it with their scrapbooking stuff and it was plenty of room.

Note - the scrapbooking was their guestbook.  The PB printed 2 sets of pics, one for you to keep and one to cut a pic off and paste onto a page in the guestbook and sign.  It was really cute and looks awesome once it's finished.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladybug just got married there and the bar was not a problem at all. 

She had a photobooth that I think started right after dinner.  When you walked into the ballroom is was all the way to the right in the corner. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also attended a wedding there and I don't recall the bar being an issue.  I do remember walking out to get drinks, but it's not a hanging around type of bar.  There isn't anywhere to put your drink and hang out.  
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!
    I got married at Normandy in October in the Grand Ballroom. :)

The bar wasn't a big deal at all. I didn't notice anyone lingering out there for very long. Some groups would do shots every once in a while but even that didnt take long. Most people grabbed drinks and came right back in. I wouldn't worry about it.

We didn't have a photobooth though so no help there.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is absolutely nothing to do in the other room unless your guests bump into each other and start talking, so people will go get their drinks and come back right away.

The photobooth is most likely the thing that will keep people from dancing as there tends to be a line. I would open it during cocktail hour and then close it after dinner. Have the DJ make a couple announcements that it's there.

• Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ezaccagni  - OMG! You're my other bride! I'm getting married in the Silos on 6-11-11!

Other than that I have absolutely no advice on the bars since I'm in the Silos, but I don't think they'd be a problem.

yay for 44 days!!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FutureMrsTCT Ahhhhhh! I'm so excited to meet you!!!  I'm sure our paths will cross on the day! We should deffinitly chat! I'll send you a private message :)

Thanks to everyone else for your input!! It really helps!! I think I will stick witht he bars where they usually put them so that we can fit the PB in the ballroom, we're also doing the scrapbooking station so that will solve everything :)

Did anyone have cocktail tables set up in the back? I'm thinking that might be a good way to draw everyone back into the room. Thanks again!

EZ
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw that's so cute TCT & Ez!!! 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dana offered to move the bars into the main ballrom, but if you do get people lingering at the bar or if a line forms, you may crowd the tables of people seating back there.

There's really not enough room for cocktail tables in the back of the ballroom.  We had a heavily intoxicated crowd but everyone was on the dance floor the whole time and I don't think it was an issue with people hanging in the franklinville.

We had the photobooth set up during cocktail hour in the ballroom and it was open the whole 4 hours of the reception.  I didn't feel like it distracted from the dance floor.  It was in exactly the same place as Jessica0602 described.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards