Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

custom jewelry advice?

My FI wants to get a custom wedding band created for himself, but we just moved to DC and don't really know where to begin.

Aside from just looking at yelp reviews, does anyone have any advice on picking a jeweler to do custom rings? Anything to look out for or ask for? 

He basically wants this (now let me show his nerd side) but in gold: http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/167759154840667179_iq2vsfsU_c.jpg  (the inscription is a tweak on LOTR, it says in Elvish, "One ring to show our love, one ring to bind us, one right to seal our love and forever entwine us.")

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com

Re: custom jewelry advice?

• Options
    You'll want to post this on the local board.

<----------------------------
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_custom-jewelry-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:6439fd63-cac9-4536-8564-60f1ef7f228fPost:580f2676-7146-47b8-a3ef-7225785a00a4">Re: custom jewelry advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll want to post this on the local board. <----------------------------
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>No, I don't want specific jeweler recommendations. I want advice on what to look for in a jeweler who would be doing custom work. What questions to ask, etc. If there are none, that's fine, but the local boards are not what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for general advice. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    FI got my engagement ring custom made and we love the outcome. I've been in since (Little King in NYC if you could take the train up or something :) they're fabulous!) and they treated me like family. I'd look for someone that does all the work on site. Because we used family stones, FI didn't want them to be shipped to some random placed to be put into my ring. 
  • Options
    You can purchase that exact ring on Etsy. My FI (nerds as well) have looked at it many times.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    I dont have advice, but I have to say I love that ring :). And I love the inscription! Good luck on your search
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would also go to etsy. I bought both of our rings from there and they were custom made. I saw a lot of similar rings there that you are looking for.

Beautiful ring:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards