Washington-Seattle
Options

Which night for rehearsal/dinner

I know some people are doing their rehearsals and dinners on Thursday. I personally always wondered why we stayed out late for people's wedding the night before for dinner/drinking but just knew that thats how it is. Our awesome MOD mentioned that its just so close to the wedding and it would be nice to relax that night.

So, now for the question..

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: Which night for rehearsal/dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011

Our wedding is on Sunday so the schedule is a little different than most.  We are going to have the actual rehearsal on Friday followed by a casual lunch with the bridal party at Tutta Bella.  Our RD will be Saturday at our home for the bridal party/OOT guests.  We have quite a few family members coming to town that will want to see our new house so it just made sense to do it there.

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The poll is worded for a Saturday wedding, so I picked Friday because that's the "day before" option. Ours was actually on a Wednesday since NYE was a Thursday last year. One of my BM was coming from CT, and wasn't coming until the day before, so it just made sense to do it then. Everyone was off that week anyway.

ETA: Also, if I were a BP member, I would rather go to the rehearsal and dinner on a weeknight rather than have to tie up two of my weekends. But people who work late/have trouble geting time off may feel differently, so I think it depends on the BP members in question what day works best.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes it was worded for saturday. sorry girls, it won't let me edit it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally wish I could do it on Thursday... but with so many people coming from out of town my FMIL thought it was to much to ask them all to come in another day early to be here for the rehearsal... oh well...BUT if I could choose I would defniitley do Thursday, I think more and more brides are doing this... I mean you're totally right, who wants to be up late the night before we have to be soo beautiful! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since our wedding is on Sat, we thought it would be Fri. But our officiants can't do Fri's since they are doing other weddings, lol. So that is what made us decide Thurs. I like that choice better now,  you can get drunk at the RD, and relax and nurse your hangover on Fri!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would really like to have a Thursday RD, but it will ultimately depend on FMIL and FFIL.  I think I'll try to plan for a very casual OOT gathering on the Friday before, sometime in the afternoon-ish so it doesn't run too late.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is on a sunday. So were doing Rehersal and RD on friday  and then bridal lunch and mani pedi on saturday wedding sunday
    Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is on Fri and we are planning RD for Thur, mostly b/c we have so many OOT guests and they will be coming in just for the weekend.  If we did it on Wed or earlier, none of FI's family would be here. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were actually forced to have our rehearsal dinner on Thursday because our priest wasn't free on Friday, but i'm glad now (though i thought it was weird at first) because i do wanna relax and not stay out too late on Friday! 
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, it's still far away, but I'm assuming we'll have the RD on Friday evening because we have guests coming from out of town and don't expect them to come down on Thursday.  I don't plan on staying up super late and certainly not drinking heavily, though.
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Rehearsal and RD on Friday since we get a huge chunk of setup time at the venue the day before (wedding is a saturday).  Friday is included with rental fee.  If we did thursday it would be extra $.  Although, I like the idea of doing it on a Thursday and having friday to relax. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oops I voted wrong! We are having our on Thrusday for our Friday wedding. I'm not sure that it's ideal but we won't be out too late and then we won't have to make our traveling wedding party take another day off! :)

• Options
    teacherpigletteacherpiglet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did the Rehearsal and dinner on Thursday.  I liked having the day before to relax and unwind in the evening.  On Friday,  my BM  and I went and got manis and pedis.  Later that night  my BM, aunt, mom and FMIL all went out to dinner.  It was nice having something to help distract me too as I started getting nervous. Then we were able to go back to the hotel and relax.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice. We've decided to do it on THursday night. Teacherpiglet-i pmed you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good choice. :D
    Our wedding is Sunday so I've scheduled the rehearsal for Friday. If we're doing RD, it's just going to be casual potluck/bbq at our new house (ee! if the bank would tell us we can do the inspection yet!). Saturday will be mani/pedi and last minute crap before relaxing.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards