Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Funky's Catering

Has anyone had any luck with getting them to follow-up? I'm trying to schedule a tasting and they never call me when they say they're going to (most recently, they promised to call to schedule a day/time by Wednesday but, as of today, I have not received a call). I'm starting to question whether I even want to work with them now. I can't have their lack of follow-up stressing me out when we get closer to the wedding!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Funky's Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I have had similar issues with Funky's...I actually just booked them as my wedding caterer because we had a tasting and their food was AMAZING. I've also been to several events they've catered and the food and service was both great. They really know how to run events.

HOWEVER, their staff has not been super helpful. My tasting was scheduled a month and a half ahead of time, and then they cancelled on me the morning of. It was a little annoying. They are also very slow at returning emails. The customer service on the planning side is just a little lacking.

What I think is that a lot of this is because they have grown their business tremendously in the last year or two (because their food really is great) and still only have one or two office people dealing with all of the logistics. SO those office people are pretty overloaded with coordinating all of the events. This is just the impression that I have gotten...

So my advice is to stick it out, because their food and event service is worth it! Also, I have found that Sharon in their office is a lot more responsive that Jerin, one of the owners. So I would try talking to her.

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_funkys-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:39e3d6fb-14e2-4ac2-bb32-453bb07c64b1Post:66381358-64d0-4b8f-93d4-1af2656035fc">Re: Funky's Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea, I have had similar issues with Funky's...I actually just booked them as my wedding caterer because we had a tasting and their food was AMAZING. I've also been to several events they've catered and the food and service was both great. They really know how to run events. HOWEVER, their staff has not been super helpful. My tasting was scheduled a month and a half ahead of time, and then they cancelled on me the morning of. It was a little annoying. They are also very slow at returning emails. The customer service on the planning side is just a little lacking. What I think is that a lot of this is because they have grown their business tremendously in the last year or two (because their food really is great) and still only have one or two office people dealing with all of the logistics. SO those office people are pretty overloaded with coordinating all of the events. This is just the impression that I have gotten... So my advice is to stick it out, because their food and event service is worth it! Also, I have found that Sharon in their office is a lot more responsive that Jerin, one of the owners. So I would try talking to her. Hope that helps!
    Posted by aschoeny[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with everything written here - we also booked them even though we had to have a few "heart-to-hearts" with Jerin about his non-responsiveness.  Since Sharon came onboard, she definitely was much better at answering us than Jerin was.  I would definitely call/email Sharon and tell her your concern about the lack of response, and she should get back to you soon. 

We had a face-to-face meeting with them about their poor commuincation, and they apologized profusely and told us about how fast they've grown and how they are trying hard to keep up.  I think this is true, but make sure you tell them what you expect in terms of communication and they should accommodate your needs.  That's what we had to do, and now we're happy with how quickly they (as in Sharon) respond.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I listened to your advice and called them again. I was able to schedule a tasting and Jarin explained the reason for the delayed response (they have multiple events per day). I've heard nothing but great things about their food, so I hope this works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it will be great! You will be BLOWN AWAY at the tasting! My favorite was the marscapone mashed potatoes, YUM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards