Georgia-Atlanta
Options

The NERVE of some people!!! (kind of long)

The people at Catering and Events Consultants must be seriously thick! I just recieved this email today:
Hi Amanda:

I was just touching base with you on your catering needs for your wedding. We have some really good deals going on. We would love to work with you.

We would love to schdule a tasting.

THanks,
Nichole

While this seems like a typical and faily unoffensive email, it has really irritated me. Read the past emails I've exachanged with her to understand why (my emails are in bold, hers are in italics just to clarify):

(Monday, November 22, 2010)
Hello, I would like to schedule a tasting for some time this or next week. If you need to call me, my name is Amanda Miller and my phone number is xxxxxx

begin_of_the_skype_highlighting
404 729 2381
Thanks
Amanda

(She called me a few days later and asked me to email her with my menu)

(Tuesday, November 30, 2010)
As I said on the phone, as long as I have enough notice I can meet with you pretty much any day. Just let me know what date/time works for you. For my menu, I would really like:
(Just a list of items I excluded to try to make this shorter)
I've never planned a big event like this, so if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them as well! 
Thanks so much!
Amanda

(Wed, 12/1/10)
Hi Amanda:

I will put a tasting together with mash Potatoes,Beef Brisket and Crab Cakes.

What day works for you?

Thanks,
Nichole

(Thursday, December 2, 2010)
Would we be able to meet next Thursday at around 12 pm? 
Thanks
Amanda

(Sunday, December 5, 2010)
I just wanted to make sure you got my previous email asking if we can do the tasting on Thursday Dec. 9th at around noon.
Thanks
Amanda

And I never got a phone call or an email back until today. That is some seriously bad customer service.

Re: The NERVE of some people!!! (kind of long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh dear! And she's JUST now getting back to you six months later? Make sure to leave a horrible review on google. So sorry to hear about your difficulties but thanks for the heads up so none of use have to go through it either! :)
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wrote a rather long review explaining the situation on here six months ago. It so annoyed me because she is either so stupid that she thinks I'm just going to be okay with letting her give me a tasting SIX MONTHS LATE or she thinks I'm so stupid that I would trust her with catering my wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read your request awhile back when you first posted it.  I also have to say if you directly copied and pasted her e-mails, her spelling sucks, and there's no such thing as "mash potatoes."  They're called "mashed potatoes."  If the caterer can't get that right, can't get communication right, then I'd look elsewhere (but that's just my opinion.) 

I would have to send her a strongly-worded e-mail (assuming you don't intend on using them.)

For what it's worth, I have a list of venues/caterers I won't suggest to people. 

One woman made an appointment with us at the venue she was in charge of (it was at a resort.)  We showed up on time.  No one showed up for forty-five minutes.  When they did show up, it was her assistant who, by the way, didn't have answers for any of the standard questions asked.  Then they never got back to me with my answers, and I never heard from them again. 

At the same resort, the caterer we were choosing said she would meet us at the resort on the same day.  Cool - kill two birds with one stone!  Well the woman never showed up.  She never called.  She never answered my call, and she never returned my "where were you?" e-mail until several days later.  Her excuse was that the road was closed to the resort due to snow (granted - it HAD snowed, but, um - how were WE and everyone else able to get into the resort?  And why didn't she call?)

Then we have a venue that cancelled on us coming to meet them/see them due to bad weather.  They said, "we'll call back to reschedule."  No calls.  No e-mails, and they wouldn't return my calls or e-mails.  This was at a resort-y type place as well.

All of these places are still in business, too! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Does she seriously think you're just going to sit around for six months waiting for her to email you back?! She does have some nerve! I definately wouldn't use her and I would probably send her an email back letting her know in no uncertain times that she needs to treat potential customers better if she expects to stay in business! And really "Mash potatoes" that's just ridiculous, but then I see that every day where I work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The spelling doesn't bother me too much. To be fair to her she often emails from her blackberry. But I just could not believe that this woman would email me back.

At first I thought maybe she didn't get my emails, but then you would think that if she hadn't gotten my last two emails she would have emailed me or called me to say "Hey, just wanted to make sure you still wanted to do a tasting with us etc etc."

I haven't replied to her email so far, but I think maybe I should. I know that I've definitely made sure to tell people her about it. I can't remember who asked about them on here a while back but Hydrophile actually posted my rant before I could go looking for it again. I seriously don't know how these people are all still in business (talking about the caterer and Hydrophile's vendors).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_nerve-of-people-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:015aab65-5bd5-408f-a53a-dae5a1ee1576Post:a9dced79-aeca-4083-b514-2ed6ad60bbb5">Re: The NERVE of some people!!! (kind of long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read your request awhile back when you first posted it.  I also have to say if you directly copied and pasted her e-mails, her spelling sucks, and there's no such thing as "mash potatoes."  They're called "mashed potatoes."  If the caterer can't get that right, can't get communication right, then I'd look elsewhere (but that's just my opinion.) 
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I just copy and pasted. The only changes I made were to my personal information in the first email and of course I edited out my whole list of food I wanted, plus I put the dates so ya'll could see how truely silly this is.

Yeah, if she was really sweet and ACTUALLY RETURNED MY EMAILS I could have overlooked that. But combined with everything else I think it just makes her look even more unprofessional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm snooty, but whenever I'm in contact with someone via e-mail, about something wedding related, if their spelling is horrible, I kind of get turned off. 

I corresponded with a catering supervisor at this country club, and she would ALWAYS TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS LOCK AND HER SPELLING WAS HORRIBLE. 

can you imagine reading a whole e-mail in all-caps, and crappy spelling?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I hate it when people do that. It's like they're just too lazy to capitalize when they're supposed to (or don't know when they're supposed to) so they just leave it on all the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_nerve-of-people-kind-of-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:015aab65-5bd5-408f-a53a-dae5a1ee1576Post:d4eccd37-367c-4f9a-8f2e-6787ef4b0d20">Re: The NERVE of some people!!! (kind of long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I'm snooty, but whenever I'm in contact with someone via e-mail, about something wedding related, if their spelling is horrible, I kind of get turned off.  I corresponded with a catering supervisor at this country club, and she would ALWAYS TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPS LOCK AND HER SPELLING WAS HORRIBLE.  can you imagine reading a whole e-mail in all-caps, and crappy spelling?
    Posted by maggiebaggie[/QUOTE]

Oo Oo!  Me next! 

A vendor with whom I work sends her e-mails to me in all caps, Comic Sans font, and every paragraph is a different color.  Top THAT!

(Unfortunately, it's not a vendor we choose to work with.  One of our overseas clients demands we HAVE to use this particular vendor to forward their ocean freight overseas.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards