Christian Weddings
Options

Summer Vacation Plans?

Right now I need a vacation and in 2 days, I'll be on vacation for a week!  We are going to Western NY for a concert festival (Kingdom Bound) on Sunday.  Newsboys, Toby Mac, Skillet and Mercy Me are headlining.  Also, one of my favorite bands, DecembeRadio, will be there.  And it is held at an amusement park so our down time will be spent riding rides and hanging out in the water park.

What are you doing (or what have you done) this summer for fun?

Re: Summer Vacation Plans?

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Hope you have a great time at the concerts...I love all of those bands!  I just got back from Family Vacation on Sunday...the week at the beach was amazing!  On Sunday, FI finishes his church internship in NC, and he's picking me up on his way to MD.  We'll spend a week with his family, and then he's bringing me back home in time for my
    Family Reunion and little brother's birthday.  Then it's back to school 2 weeks after that. :(  Not thrilled about school starting up again, but at least I'll get to see FI more!! 
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fun!! Is it still held at Darien Lake? I grew up in Rochester, so I used to go all the time!

I go home for my wedding next weekend! WHOA! Then off to Jamaica for us! We can't wait!!
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, KB is still at Darien Lake.  I went in 1989 and then not again until 2008.  Joe goes every year and loves it.  It will be so nice to relax.

Kat - YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!  YAY!  Have a great wedding and honeymoon.  Can't wait to see your pictures.

FP - enjoy the rest of your summer and have a great time with FI on your trip
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our big summer event was getting married and our honeymoon to Glacier National Park, which was so much fun, and so great to get away after all of the stress of wedding planning!

Our only other plans for the summer are the MS Bike Ride that my husband is doing in August to raise money, and, well, to ride his bike. 

We're just hanging out and being newlyweds.  And looking for a new apartment, which is never fun, but I will enjoy putting all of our gifts in it and finally living with my best friend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are from Houston and we just got back from Orlando, FL with the fam.  We normally go to Disney but this yr we just sat around the pool and hd fun with the fam.  Good Times
    Photobucket
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My only vacation is a one-week trip to SF for wedding planning.  I have to save my money for the wedding!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Took a 7-day trip to Spain in June with my sister. She just moved to Amsterdam for work so I am hoping to visit her with FI sometime towards the end of the year.
    Other than that, nothing immediate planned for the summer.

KAT - You're almost there. Yay!!! Praying that all goes well for your big day.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ccialoneccialone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

WOW! Ill be at KB Too!!! :-) I am usually there all week with our Youth Group! :-) It's the best summer vacation! :-)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!! : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello ladies! I don't post here often, but this was a fun thread! I am a freshly-minted MD - so in the throws of intern yr (bleh for 80hr work weeks), BUT FI &I  have been able to steal away to various places in MD & VA to go hiking, which is one of my favorite past-times :)

Jeffie- where did you stay at Glacier Park?? That is one of my DREAM parks to visit, I've started planning a trip out there, but am overwhelmed with all the places to stay! Do you have any more pictures of your wedding?? sounds like it was gorgeous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jgavigan3376jgavigan3376 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I took my mom and my 3 kids to the Outer Banks, NC for a week. It was great family time- very relaxing! I love, love, love the beach! 

It was our first of many family vacations together! (Only next year we won't have to sleep in separate bedrooms-yay!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards