Ohio-Cincinnati

Wrinkled satin wedding dress... Help!

Hi Ladies,

I'm 6 months away from our wedding, and I'm already feeling the occasional "wedding stress"...

I just picked up my wedding dress from Fabulous Bridal in Covington.  I ordered an ivory satin ball gown, and went to the store to try it on last week before taking it home.  I was really shocked to find that the skirt of the dress was completely covered in wrinkles.  When I asked the consultant about whether they steam their dresses when they come in, she replied, "Well, we always do one complimentary steam when it arrives at the store... but you'll need to get it steamed somewhere else to get the rest of these wrinkles out."

I've heard from other family members that wrinkles are really hard to get out of satin, and now I'm freaking out that they won't come out even with another professional steamer.  Any one else have experience with a wrinkled satin wedding dress?  Was your seamstress/dry cleaner able to get it completely pressed without wrinkles?

I'm really hope that I'm freaking out about nothing here...

Re: Wrinkled satin wedding dress... Help!

• katiebean1katiebean1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would talk to the manager and have them steam it again.  It is totally unacceptable that they would send you home with a wrinkly dress! Especially after they said you get one complimentary steam, which obviously they didn't do a very good job on.
    Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    222image 50image 19image
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest trying to steam it well in advance to see how it works. Another option is to iron it with a towel in between the iron and the satin (to protect the satin). If not, I'd fork over the money and take it to another alterations place to get it steamed. I know Nordstrom has that service and would prbably do it for a reasonable price. Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're having your dress altered your seamstress will steam it thoroughly after your final fitting before you get the dress returned to you.  It's most likely that any dress is going to require a good steaming before the wedding day until it is perfectly hung in an isolated location.

Don't worry - your dress is going to be perfect.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards