Texas-San Antonio

reception at sunset station

This is the venue i have DREAMED about having my reception at. This is the price and all that comes with it. 

Our packages include the following: Dinner – Salad, Entrée (Chicken), Starch, Vegetable, Dinner Roll/Butter and Water, Tea and CoffeeCake Cutting Service and refresh of the dinner beveragesAll Dinner and Cake Served on China (your choice of pattern), silver and glassChocolate Dipped Strawberries to enhance the wedding cakeChampagne toast for everyone 21 and overMenu TastingPoly Cotton Tablecloths (Please confirm colors)Poly Cotton Matching NapkinsHurricane Candle Centerpiece OR Votive Candles for each guest tableCaptain to over see the evening eventProfessionally dressed staff to service the eventPhoto opportunity on the Sunset Station GroundsCatering Manager to Oversee and Detail the event The cost on a buffet is $55 per person – starting price. We pride ourselves in not only the quality of the food but the service as well. When planning for a buffet, we anticipate that everyone will at least make a trip 2x through the buffet. There is no control if you will on how much a guest will take and we cannot have you run out of food in 15 minutes. We make an abundance of food when our clients request buffets.

Given all that is priced we are looking at 12750 for the reception and wedding since both will be held in the same room.   
what do yall think?   I dont want to say okay just because ive dreamed of having my receptoin here. however I think a lot is included in the price.   I am also considering the fact that the dj is free, the photographer is free and the cake is free (we have friends that will be doing that) so we can shift the cost for this towards the reception.  
Also, has anyone had their reception here? if so, how was it?  it SOUNDS great but im sure they all sound great.  I want to know what someone thought. 
I'm being a post whore lol thanks for reading  
Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss

Re: reception at sunset station

• edited December 2011
    oh, i just noticed that i added the dinner info (chicken, starch, vegtable and roll) dont pay attention to that. Its either the sit down meal or the buffet. I think we are going with the buffet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your budget and your wedding day, do what makes you happy!  Sunset Station looks gorgeous, I'm sure it would turn out beautifully.  One of my good friends is considering having her reception there too!
  • edited December 2011
    That includes a LOT of stuff so that price isn't all too bad. If its within your budget, why not! I would ask to see photos of previous weddings too. And I can't remember who but someone else on here has had a wedding there. I LOVE Sunset Station.

If you think you can swing it and its what you dream of, go for it :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have used Sunset Station for a non wedding event, and they catered to 500 people that night. It was faboulous!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    THANK YOU LADIES SOOO MUCH.
    I was a little concerned about the price cause it comes out to about 12,000. Family will help but most of it will fall on us.
  • edited December 2011
    For my cakes, i am going to go outside the box and get my cake from Nadlers.  I dont know if you have ever had one of their strawberry shortcakes but they are WONDERFUL.
    So my cake wont be the same as my wedding colors.  Do yall think that's tastless?  Honesty is welcome.
  • DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I <3 Nadlers, but I've never had their shortcake. I don't think a cake has to match the decor, unless you're using it as a focal point. I admit, my cake is going to match, but I had a specific design in mind and am using it, but I wouldn't think twice about a bride who didn't go all anal and be matchy matchy, especially if the cake was super yummy.

As far as the price, I think it's reasonable for your location. Something like that at a lesser venue would be a little high, but for your site that sounds reasonable. We're going with the Old San Francisco Steak House (Crystal Room) and they have a really good package that comes to about 40 per person) before service charges or taxes, room fee, etc. that includes a seperate room for cocktail hour, butler passed hors de ourvres,  a duel entree seated dinner, and an open beer, wine and margarita bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards