Louisiana-New Orleans

Vendor Review October 8th

I don’t even know where to start.
The wedding was amazing and everyone had a great time. Since I am a little bit of a control freak I was afraid that it may ruin my wedding day experience if some even little thing won’t go as planned. Well, I did great and didn’t stress about a thing. I’m proud of myself ! hahaah
We had a small , on a budget wedding and I planned it all myself. All my vendors came together and it was the best day of my life!

Ceremony and Reception
House Of Blues  A+++++
Our ceremony took place in the Voodoo Garden at the House of Blues. And the reception was upstairs in the Parish room.
Cali, the coordinator from the HOB was amazing! She was super helpful, very organized and if it wasn’t for her I don’t think the whole day would go without a hitch.
I made my own decorations for the courtyard - aisle runner etc; centerpieces and decorated candle holders. Cali and her stuff decorated the room and the courtyard exactly the way I wanted.
Food was very tasty. My guests still talk about various items from the buffet.
Even though it was a daytime wedding, the reception room which is pretty dark, made it feel like late at night.

Music: Omega Sound & Entertainment  A ++++
Mark Steel was our DJ. We didn’t have any special requests for music. We asked him to play music that will get people on the dance floor. He chose a perfect combination of tunes and everyone was dancing thought the reception.

Photographer:  Sabree HIll A++++++
I don’t even know where to start. She was amazing! Although I haven't seen the pictures yet, I loved the way she was working. We took tons of pictures that were posed and tons that were journalist style. One the way to the venue we stopped to take pix in French Quarter. I cannot wait to see the sultry pictures I took in the Foundation room in HOB :)
Sabree is very easy going, great to work with and amazing at her job. I felt like we have known each other for a while.

Cake: Haydel’s   B
Cake was very tasty. It was very easy to communicate with the vendor. I designed the cake and email them my drawing with color samples. Unfortunately in the middle layer our initials were missing..... just a plane white space :(

Horse and Carriage - Mid City Carriages  A
We rented the big, 8 people carriage to take me and the bridesmaids to the venue. We didn’t have to wait for the carriage since it arrived 10 min early and just waited for us to get ready without any rushing. Carriage was decorated with red flowers and ribbons. The driver was very patient and didn’t mind stopping every few minutes and wait for us to take pictures. Did I mention the price? 120 dollars for 30 minutes!!!!

Room Block
We reserved two hotels for two different budgets.
Frenchman Hotel A++
Very affordable. Very unique. All guests loved it and I was told that stuff was very pleasant and helpful. When I dropped off my welcome bags I was greeted with a huge smile by receptionist who didn’t mind dropping all the bags to my guests for free.

Bienville House Hotel B-
Location was great, just across the HOB. Unfortunately all my guests rooms were ready till after 5pm!
When they finally got in, the rooms where nice and clean.

We rented a condo through VRBO  vrbo.com/316012   A+++++
We have always stayed in hotels and never thought of renting a condo. Because we were getting married during our week stay, I wanted to have a lot of space for me and my bridesmaids to get ready on the wedding day. Also I didn't want to leave our dog behind for such a long time. The place was better than we have expected. Very elegant and beautifully decorated, we felt better than at home! Beds were super comfy and allow us to sleep in after long nights out on Bourbon... Cam (the landlord) was amazing, super helpful and very accommodating. She even helped me coordinate a few things with my vendors that were stopping by the place on the wedding day. The area of the French Quarter is safe. Just a couple blocks away from partying on Bourbon St and other local attractions.

Flowers  Erin Steen A+++
Erin did amazing job. I told her my favorite flowers and colors and she just put together beautiful bouquets and boutonnieres for my whole wedding party . She was very easy to work with. She delivered the flowers to the condo.

Reverend Coco Robicheaux A
Everyone loved him. My friends and family still talk about him. During the rehearsal and during dinner he was the star of the party. Ceremony was very unconventional  - just the way we wanted, and very spiritual. I would recommend him for sure!

Hair and makeup
I had my hairstylist who is my friend do my hair and makeup.

Rehearsal dinner  Ralph and Kacoos A+++
We had 24 people at our dinner. We had great service.  Our waitress Elizabeth was very entertaining. Food was very tasty.  Even though we booked dinner for 26 people,  2 didn’t make it due to too many Hurricanes earlier on.... the manager charged us only for the actual head count, even though the contract said that were supposed to pay for the reserved amount of guests.

I think I mentioned everyone. I had a lovely wedding. I can’t wait to go back to New Orleans. 
Good luck to everyone!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Vendor Review October 8th

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards