Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

anyone sell your dress and regret it?

I am dead set on selling my dress afterwards and just began to get second thoughts. I would love to have an experienced opinion...

Re: anyone sell your dress and regret it?

• I donated mine to Brides Against Breast Cancer, no regrets. What would I do, wear it again? 

If you think you would regret it, though maybe you should reconsider. There are lots of options for a wedding dress. 

• I will not sell my dress for a few reasons: 
    1) I really just love it! 
    2) I think it is nice enough that my daughter ( which I don't have right now) or my stepdaughters ( which I do have two) might want to consider wearing.
    3) I have a hard time letting go of anything ( I Have clutter all over) so forget about selling a wedding dress!
  • I was married this past NYE, and just sold my dress last month for about half of what I paid for it.  Because our wedding was indoors at a hotel during the winter, our actual wedding photos were ok, but nothing to write home about.  In August, my H and I had a photo shoot with the both of us in our wedding day attire (dress, hair, tux, flowers, etc) and we got the pretty, outdoor shots that I had wanted.  Once I had those, I was ready to part with my DB dress.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I want to use my dress to make a christening gown for my kids (which we will hopefully have).
  • meganandjay: that is an amazing idea, I now want to do the same!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • I don't think I will regret it, but just had the thought. Thanks girls!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_anyone-sell-dress-regret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:5effcd4f-e7ae-408b-9606-a28f0dce2d9fPost:b0ce0530-ab7d-40a8-aa63-b76de40fbf2c">Re: anyone sell your dress and regret it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to use my dress to make a christening gown for my kids (which we will hopefully have).
    Posted by megandjay[/QUOTE]

This! I am not selling mine nor did I ever think of it. I had it preserved and plan on keeping it for the above purpose or maybe even a future daughter could wear it.

My Mom still has my Grandma's (and it is in good condition) wedding gown from the 1940's and I think that is pretty neat. I would have worn it but it was ivory and I wanted white and it had sleeves, which I did not want.
  • I was married on Sept 2 - the photographers had a grand idea to "trash the dress".  I said, seriously, why do that when I can sell it, make a little money back.  I told this story to my boss's wife and she recommended I have my dress altered to a cocktail dress.  Holy cow - what a great idea.  I loved my dress and now I look forward to meeting with the gal that did my alterations to have my dress made short.  I thought I would sell my dress too, but I am so excited to have it forever, AND be able to wear it.
  • I had always thought I would sell my dress after the wedding . . that was until I actually found "the one"! Now I can't imagine selling it after the wedding. Even though I have no idea what I will do with it I can't imagine selling it to someone else. I will likely have it preserved after the wedding and keep it just in case a daughter would want to wear it or just in case I want it for something else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards