Florida-South Florida
Options

My BM are a pain in the...you know what.

So, I told my girls 2 months ago the color dress that I wanted them to wear and gave them the freedom to choose the style.

Fast forward to today and only my MOH has her dress!  One BM found the dress she wants online, but can't find it in any stores to try on.  We called to see if we can get it ordered and it takes 8 weeks...if she orders it this week. Then the other two haven't even chosen a dress style yet.  WTF!

The thing is the two that haven't chosen their dress yet, were together during Thanksgiving.  You'd think they would take a day and go out and try on dresses...but noooo they didn't think to do that. 

I want to call each of them this week to get a status update, because time is running out.  I don't want to sound like a nag, but I don't think they have any idea how long it could potentially take to get their dresses.  Do you think I'm being unreasonable?  Anyone else having issues with their BM?

Thanks for letting me vent! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker ">

Re: My BM are a pain in the...you know what.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    geez! What lazy bums!! What are they waiting for?? I would be getting irritated too. Maybe too much freedom isn't such a good thing because some people are the biggest procrastinators. I would for sure call them this week!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i definitely don't think you're being unreasonable!!  that sucks :(  that is totally on them.  i'm sorry to hear that.  i have one BM that has been a pain & has tried to "one-up" me throughout this whole process.  as far as the dresses though, my girls were great about it - i picked it online at nordstroms and asked them if they were able to order it that week b/c it wasn't a BM dress, just a regular dress that would go out of stock eventually... they all ordered that day, so i lucked out.  i hope your girls get their sh*t together!!! GL!
    ***February Challenge (South FL Board)*** Me & my FI imageOur Wedding Website: Updated September 18, 2011 155 Invited imageimage 129 Are coming to celebrate! image 26 We'll miss you! image 0 Slackers! RSVP Date: January 9, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're being unreasonable at all! I would start the process of calling today, and letting them know how long it takes!

I too got lucky and my BM were great about ordering their dresses... I would make a day out of it and we all went together (those who are in town) and my one bridesmaid in Boston tried it on from up there. I collected all the money and I went one day and made the mass order so all dresses were cut from the same fabric roll.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BMs are being bums too you are def not being unreasonable, give them a deadline date so they have a sense of urgency

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're unreasonable at all either - I have one girl left to order and she's making me antsy already! Depending on where they are from they can take forever! My first bm to order didn't get her dress for over 4 months - one came in in about 6 weeks so it all changes. I'd call an let them know. Side note I have one bm that is only there for political reasons and I absolutly didn't want and was a big fight and thing and she hasn't ordered yet so not nagging her and hoping it just ends up being too late! I told her when I picked them and reminded once and that is all she gets - she's going out of the country for 3 weeks next week so def won't get done till she gets back fingers crossed haha. Good luck with your gals though :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I'm taking your advise and calling my BM this week and giving them a deadline of next week to find and order a dress.  I just hope they don't gain or lose a bunch of weight between now and then because they probably won't have enough time for alterations. Oh well, it'll just make me look better. hehe ;)

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are two months away=you're not being unreasonable!! I'm sorry you're in this situation. :( I hope everything works out! Sometimes I think bridal parties aren't worth it....

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man I would have been all over them. I'm 4 months away and my girls were giving me a heart attack!! I went bm shopping early and told them to please order the dresses by October 1st giving them a month to order it. My best friends ordered to ASAP! Love them for that and neither my sisters nor my fi sisters had ordered theirs October first. My sisters are losing a ton of weight so they were waiting as long as possible, but fi sisters? No reason! November 1st came around and still no one ordered anything! So I slightly understand your frustration but you are completely in the right!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was able to get one of my BM on the phone last night and she said she is getting her dress this Sunday!  She said she'd send me pics, so come Sunday if I don't get pics...I told her I would call her and nag. lol 

One down...two to go.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave a deadline... And then started a Facebook page for the Bridesmaids and I. Not to be obnoxious or anything, but to keep everyone in the loop. I post pictures of stuff to get their opinions and such, they post songs that they like or ideas that they have. Anyway, as the girls started ordering their dresses, I started posting that so-and-so ordered a dress and I'd post a picture of the dress they ordered - I'm letting them choose their own styles. I would like to think that my girls love me and are just on the ball, but I also think the Facebook posts pressured the ones who would normally slack... All dresses were ordered within two weeks...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards